Monday, April 29, 2013

Duochromatic Smokey Eyes with Virginia Olsen Minerals Eyeshadow in Chameleon

Jordan Liberty of givefoodface in YouTube is one of my favorite gurus of all time. I love his professionalism, techniques, and how short yet detailed his videos are. And I personally think he's really hot! ;-) One of my favorite looks by Jordan is his Duochromatic Smokey Eyes. I love how it looks simple yet fabulous and the duochrome eyeshadow is just so beautiful!

Recently, I bought four Virginia Olsen Minerals eyeshadows and as I was checking out my new babies, I realized that the shade Chameleon, which is one of my favorites, is somewhat the same as the one Jordan used in his video. Because of that, I decided to do a look inspired by his Duochromatic Smokey Eyes. I did not copy the look per se and I used different technique but yeah, I got the idea from him. :)

Here's the look:


I am absolutely in love with VOM's Chameleon! I think it's one of a kind! You should really check out their eyeshadow collection. I just love the two-toned effect and the color itself.

I have to say that this look is one of my favorites among all of the looks that I've created because it's simple but looks edgy and like it took you quite a long time to finish but really, it's easy to do. Here's the tutorial:


PRODUCTS USED:

FACE
Revlon ColorStay Whipped foundation in Warm Golden
Fashion 21 Two Way Cake with Milk Moisturizers in No. 2
Fanny Serrano Two Way Cake in Fantasia (for contouring)
Fashion 21 RollN' Dazzle in Pink Diamond (used as highlighter)

EYEBROWS
Nature Republic Pretty Tree Auto Eyebrow in No. 3
In2It Waterproof Eyebrow Colour
In2It Brow Mascara in Copper

EYES
LA Pro Primer
Maybelline Crayon Liner in Black
Virginia Olsen Minerals Eyeshadow in Chameleon
Fashion 21 Color Set (black, nude, beige)
Fashion 21 Double Up Mascara

LIPS
Careline Lip Gloss in 101 (exclusively sold at Robinsons Malls)
NYX Round Lip Gloss in 24 Karet

BRUSHES (in order of appearance)
Generic Art Synthetic Brush
Charm Vegan Blending Brush
Sponge tip smudger brush from Landmark
Virginia Olsen Minerals Short Shader Brush
Elf Blending Eye Brush
Short smudger brush from Landmark
Artist Studio Angled Eyeshadow Brush
Charm Vegan Eye Shading Brush (used to clean fall outs)
ELF Powder Brush (flat top)
ELF Bronzing Brush
Blush Brush from my 16-pcs. houndstooth brush set






Let me know what you think about this look and please stay tuned for the swatches of my VOM Eyeshadows and of course, more makeup tutorials! :)

Stay awesome and accomplish your mission! :)
-ivsc-


No comments:

Post a Comment