Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Hair Product Recommendations for Heavily Damaged Hair by HairMNL

When I was in college, I was so frustrated when it comes to my hair color because I wanted to explore and be more adventurous. I wanted to try almost every color but I couldn't because it was prohibited! 2016, I finally graduated from my second course and that was also the time when I started going crazy and dyed my hair in various colors! Every month I'd sport a different color. I did all of the coloring by myself or with the help of my sisters. Of course, at first, I did not know better. I bleached my own hair, experimented on my own, used hair dyes that require oxidizing lotion which greatly contributed to my damaged hair. However, as time passes by, I learned how to DIY better and I discovered greater hair products as well. Even so, since 2016 I've been dying and bleaching my hair so imagine what my hair went through all those years. And even though I take good care of my hair by using hair treatments, conditioners, following meticulous hair regimens religiously, damaging the hair could not be avoided. Such products and hair routines could help, but the hair will still get damaged.

Last Summer 2019 was the last time I bleached my hair and that was really the time I decided that I would stop with all these harsh chemicals for a while and just let my hair rest. I still dye my hair with different colors but for the past 2 years, I've been using colored hair treatments which are way better than boxed hair dyes. Anyway, since I've bleached and dyed my hair tons of time already, the very last time that I did it took a toll on my hair. My hair became very brittle and everytime I comb or brush my hair, the strands would break like crazy because the texture of my hair became so weak that it stretches like rubber whenever it is wet. So to avoid breakage, I would not brush my hair while it is still wet and would wait until  it dries before I begin to properly style it. It's frustrating and sad but that's what you get for wanting to be adventurous when it comes to your hair. Something of too much really results into something bad.

Now, here's some good news. Last month, I had a free consultation with HairMNL. HairMNL is an e-commerce platform or a website that made best salon exclusives and a wide array or professional hair products easily available to more customers. They made professional salon care even more accessible by making expert hair and scalp advice and recommendations available through free online consultations. Please keep reading to see the hair products they recommended for my heavily damaged hair.


According to HairMNL, given that I have heavily bleached hair, they suggested that I should start by using Olaplex, which is one of the best treatments currently available on the market for damaged hair.

1. Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3 (for damaged hair repair)
Php2,300/100ml


What is it: No.3 is an at home bond builder that contains the same active ingredient found in all professional Olaplex products. Olaplex No. 3 repairs damage at home on every hair type. No.3 Hair Perfector works to help repair damage to all hair types, and it can also be applied once a week between chemical services to further lock-in the results of any given salon treatment. Discover how fabulous it feels to have incredibly strong, totally healthy hair.

Usage Instructions: Apply to clean, damp hair. Comb through the lengths of the hair and leave on for 10 to 40 minutes. Wash hair with shampoo. Condition afterwards. Use once a week, or less, only as needed.

The first time I used Olaplex No. 3, I was already amazed! We all know that Olaplex are expensive and I just couldn't get myself to buy their products because I thought there are more affordable alternatives. But when I tried it, I realized that the price is actually reasonable and super worth it considering how it greatly improved the texture of my hair. It's like miracle in a bottle for me!

In the instruction, it says to leave it on for 10 to 40 minutes. I left it on my hair for about 20 minutes only and didn't even reach the maximum time but I still got amazing results. I noticed that my hair became less "stretchy" and the breakage was also lessened. I was able to comb my wet hair a lot easier, too. Don't be misunderstood though. My hair's texture is still weak and strands are still breaking but Olaplex helped lessen that unfortunate hair situation. With continuous use, your hair will surely keep on improving.



What is it: strengthens hair and reduces breakage, balanced cleansing system to remove build-up without further drying hair out, improves vibrancy and adds shine. Go back to your roots with Dumb Blonde pH-balanced shampoo, with keratin and milk protein, to help reconstruct and care for chemically-treated hair. Getting blondes back to their brilliant best.

Usage Instructions: Wet hair thoroughly, lather and rinse. Use daily to help reconstruct and protect chemically treated hair. For best results follow with Bed Head Dumb Blonde Reconstructor. Suitable for everyday use.

Php1,500/200ml


What is it: Repairs damaged hair internally and reduces signs of external damage, hair hydration, smoothes and softens, adds shine and brilliance. Transform over-processed and chemically treated hair. This moisturising reconstructor uses Protein Booster Technology™ to help restore the hair at its core, while conditioners, combined with milk extract and keratin, protect the hair externally. Hair is soft, smooth and ready for action. Bed Head Colour Care for serial hair abusers.

Usage Instructions: For best results use daily following Dumb Blonde Shampoo to help reconstruct and protect chemically treated hair. Suitable for everyday use.

After using the Olaplex No.3, HairMNL advised me to use the Bed Head Dumb Blonde Shampoo and the Bed Head Dumb Blonde Reconstructor which is a conditioner. These two products are both therapy for chemically treated hair. This set will add back lost keratin from bleaching your hair. In the process, you will find that this will make your hair stronger.

I've been using the Bed Head Dumb Blonde set together with the Olaplex No.3 ever since I received them last month. And even though I ran out of the Olaplex already, I'm still using this shampoo and conditioner duo. I guess some people will not like these products due to the fact that they don't give you that super soft hair after using it unlike other commercial shampoos and conditioners. After using the shampoo, your hair will feel dry and the conditioner doesn't really give you that super soft hair texture compared to other commercial conditioners as well but what people should know is the importance of the ingredients of these products.

Bed Head Dumb Blonde Shampoo ingredients:
Fibre Actives - Penetrate the hair fibre and restructure damaged proteins
Vitamin E - Essential nutrient and antioxidant
Hydrolyzed Keratin - Hair's key protein. Demonstrated to help improve resistance to breakage on chemically damaged hair.
Silk Powder - High moisture absorption properties.

Bed Head Dumb Blonde Reconstructor (conditioner) ingredients:
Protein Booster Technology™ - Improves the reactivity of hair proteins
Vitamin E - Essential nutrient and antioxidant
Glycerin - Draws in moisture and holds onto it for prolonged moisturisation. Helps prevent hair from breakage caused by styling.
Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine - Non-silicone conditioners strongly suited for limp / fine hair. Softens and reduces static.

These ingredients will greatly contribute with the strengthening and improvement of your hair in the long run. Hair may not feel soft and smooth after rinsing but once your hair dries, you will see how shiny your hair is and you will feel the soft and smooth texture. Here is my before-and-after image of using the Olaplex No.3, Bed Head Dumb Blonde Shampoo, and Reconstructor.


The left photo was taken a day before using the hair products from HairMNL. Yes, the hair color is obviously different because on the day that I received the hair products, I dyed my hair into blue. The second image was taken about 5 days after using the HairMNL-recommended hair products. I did not style my hair on both photos and both were air-dried. You will notice the drastic change of my hair texture. On the left photo, my hair looks absolutely dry and porous while on the right photo, even without touching, you just know that it's soft and it looks absolutely shinier! Isn't it amazing? ;)

Like what I've mentioned, I already ran out of the Olaplex No.3 but I will definitely repurchase because while the Bed Head Dumb Blonde Shampoo and Reconstructor aide in strengthening and repairing my hair, I think it is the main reason why my hair improved that much. It just looks and feels ways healthier now.

In my free consultation, I have mentioned that my hair lacks volume. The texture of my hair is naturally straight, flat, and limp. The strands are really fine. Because of this, HairMNL also recommended the Bed Head Fully Loaded Shampoo and Conditioner to help increase hair volume.

Php1,200/250ml

What is it: Don’t freak out! This is our most advanced volumizing shampoo ever. Using expertly engineered Uploader™ technology, this shampoo gives limp locks volume memory that you can see and a difference you can feel. If gravity starts to pull your style down, just push hair back up to reactivate your style. The result? Fully Loaded volume that’s as bif as when you first created it! Boom! Great for fine hair, adds body to any length hair.

Usage Instructions: You know what to do; lather up in damp hair, rinse and follow with FULLY LOADED™ Volumizing Conditioning Jelly. Blow-dry with your favourite brush. Suitable for everyday use.


Php1,500/200ml

What is it: Go big or go home! This amazing conditioning jelly uses a Fibre-Thickening technology which absorbs into your tresses leaving them bigger, fatter and moisturized. Softened strands are pumped up and ready to party on! Fibre Thickening Technology absorbs into the hair, swelling the fibres. So individual fibres are plumped to make it look thicker. The shampoo and conditioner works as a system to give you a lift in volume and make hair strands appear thicker. Colour safe. Great for fine hair, adds body to any length hair.

Usage Instructions: Apply to mid-lengths and ends of hair after using FULLY LOADED™ Massive Volume Shampoo Shampoo. Leave up to 3-5 minutes and rinse well. Easy!

I've only used the Bed Head Fully Loaded™ Massive Volume Shampoo and Volumizing Conditioning Jelly a couple of times because I'm using the Dumb Blonde duo more often. The good thing is that even with just one use, I already saw its effect. I used the Fully Loaded™ set for the first time when I attended my friend's wedding last month. I was actually skeptic to use it because since it's the first time I'm using it, I didn't know if the result would be good or not and it might ruin my look for that special occasion. However, I was so excited to try it so I went ahead anyway and used them and it did not disappoint!

I was running a little late that day and I knew there isn't enough time to even style my hair. I did my makeup first and by the time I was already done glamming up, my hair was already 90% dry. Since I have very thin hair, it would dry real fast even without the use of blow dryers. I was getting anxious already since I haven't fixed my hair yet but when I looked in the mirror, I was surprised to see that my hair looked really tamed. It was straight but not flat. Ang ganda ng bagsak!


Aside having limp locks, I also have oily scalp. Even when I shampoo my hair, at the end of the day, my hair would look flat and a little oily. If I don't wash my hair for more than 24 hours, it will look like I applied oil on my hair. But I was impressed when I used the Bed Head Fully Loaded™ Massive Volume Shampoo and Volumizing Conditioning Jelly because my hair didn't look that flat and oily even after partying at the wedding reception!


I know these products that I shared with you are rather expensive but I'm telling you, they are worth it. I'm not someone who just splurges on stuff but if a particular product really works that well, I won't mind spending a little more than usual. Especially that my hair is heavily damaged, I'd do anything just to repair and restore my precious crowning glory.

If you're like me who have damaged hair or is just looking for good-quality hair products, visit www.hairmnl.com. You can even have a free consultation with them via Facebook Messenger and through email.

Facebook: www.facebook.com/HairMNL
Email: hello@hairmnl.com

I hope this post will help you with your hair problems! :)


15 comments:

  1. Hey...thanks for sharing this post. An year ago,I have colored my hair, but I have faced with severe hair damage.I have tried many products to control my hair damage and I got fed up. After reading your blog I just thought to give a try and I bought this hair care products from BeautyMNL. As you said, yes this products are really expensive but they worth it and I got good discount on this products. I am happy after using this products as my hair damage controlled and I am loving my hair color.

    https://www.rezeem.ph/beautymnl-coupons

    ReplyDelete
  2. We recognize the relevance of why you have actually approached us, so we are supplying the wonderful solutions within a brief time period as well as additionally offering excellent reacting consumer assistance 24 * 7. buy indian youtube views

    ReplyDelete
  3. Struggling to get the maximum number of google reviews? Buy google reviews and increase your reviews instantly.
    buy google places reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apply right away for freelance modelling jobs in India, sings jobs, freelance artists jobs, freelance stylist and makeup artists jobs in India.
    jobs for dancers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get exiting offers on Christmas for your parents, grandma, grandpa, brother, sisters and for all. Get discounts on your gifts items for Christmas. Buy best Christmas gifts for your couple , unique gifts for your parents, gifts for brother and sister. gifts for parents

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grab the latest , viral , trending, top viral news about what's happening in India. Get the news first. upcoming web series

    ReplyDelete
  7. Become the hero of your success story by reading our best motivational and inspiring quotes and get enlighten. Best place to get quotes for free. motivational quotes in hindi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks mate. I am really impressed with your writing talents and also with the layout on your weblog. Appreciate, Is this a paid subject matter or did you customize it yourself? Either way keep up the nice quality writing, it is rare to peer a nice weblog like this one nowadays. Thank you, check also event marketing and professional biography format

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here you can get the Best electronic review sites, best kitchen appliances review sites, gadgets reviews etc. best review sites

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much to share such an amazing and informative article about Wholesale Hair Vendors India. Keep us updating with more interesting articles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A leading manufacturer and supplier of men's toupees and women's wigs based in Qingdao, China.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been searching for some new hair products, and your recommendations are a fantastic starting point. I have seen more useful beauty tips and amazing beauty products in Dubai at the juice beauty. Thanks for sharing these valuable insights. I'll add some links, so it'll be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Project Awesome team! 🚀 Just stumbled upon your 2020 post on hair product recommendations for damaged hair, and I couldn't resist dropping a comment. First things first, major thanks for compiling this list – my hair has been in desperate need of some TLC, and your suggestions are a godsend.
    hair fall control routine

    ReplyDelete
  14. your hair product recommendations is amazing TGL hair products are my top notch choice to color my strands Shoulder Mobility tools online in pakistan
    women Fitted Turtleneck Sweaters online in pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Also, can we talk about your sense of humor? I found myself chuckling at your witty remarks, especially when you described the "miracle worker" hair serum. It's refreshing to read a beauty article that doesn't take itself too seriously. Anyway, just wanted to drop by and express my gratitude for your awesome recommendations. Looking forward to more of your insights on beauty and beyond! Keep slaying those words! 🌟
    shampoo with redensyl

    ReplyDelete