Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Review: Battle of the White Eye Pencils (NYX, Majolica Majorca, Elite Paris)

This is a review of the three white eye pencils that I currently have. Elite Paris Intensity Long Lasting Eye Pencil, Majolica Majorca Jeweling Pencil, and the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk.

Let me start with the one that I first purchased.

ELITE PARIS LONG LASTING EYE PENCIL


The Elite Paris long lasting pencil is very sheer when applied especially on the waterline. I bought this liner for around Php275? I forgot the exact amount but yes, it's 200 plus something pesos. I don't like this that much. The color is very sheer and a little metallic. I can't even use it as a highlighter for the brow bone because it is very hard to smudge and blend. It dries too fast You have to swipe it a few times to make it appear more pigmented. I like that it's long lasting because it really is. I'll rate this 3 out of 5 seals of approval. :)

MAJOLICA MAJORCA JEWELING PENCIL wt909


The Majolica Majorca jeweling pencil is the most expensive out of these three eye pencils. I forgot the exact amount but it ranges from PhP 425 to PhP 450. Personally, I think it's expensive for it's size because it's just small, it's not even the regular size of an eye pencil. It's pigmented and it has little sparkling silver glitters which make the eyes more bright. What I don't like about this is that it's too sheer when applied on the waterline but it is better than the Elite Paris long lasting pencil. I'll give this 3.5 out of 5 seals of approval and I don't think I'm going to purchase this again because it's just expensive for me! Hahaha! :)

This is the comparison of the Elite Paris long lasting pencil and the Majolica Majorca Jeweling Pencil.
Both were swiped a few times to achieve this look.


You can obviously see that Majolica Majorca's is more pigmented than Elite Paris'.


NYX JUMBO EYE PENCIL in MILK



I was surprised when I swatched the NYX JEP milk because it's too creamy and I love it. I didn't have a hard time applying it on my waterline because it glides smoothly leaving enough products to achieve the look that you want. Just use a light hand when applying this because it's so creamy that you might get more product than desired, otherwise you'll end up looking like a cartoonized alien. Hahaha! :)) I got this for PhP 145 from Kiko's Angels online store in FB.


See how white it looks on my waterline? I'll give this 4.5 out of 5 seals of approval. Why not 5? Because it doesn't stay on for long hours.


Here are the swatches of the three eye pencils.

Without flash

TOP TO BOTTOM: MAJOLICA MAJORCA, ELITE PARIS, NYX

With flash

TOP TO BOTTOM: MAJOLICA MAJORCA, ELITE PARIS, NYX
You can easily point out which one is the most pigmented and that is the NYX JEP in milk. Elite Paris long lasting Pencil looks great to use if you don't want a dramatic look and if you just want a natural bright eyes. It just frustrates me because I wish it would be as easy as swatching it on the back of my hands unlike when I apply it on my waterline. Majolica Majorca jeweling pencil is just OK for me. I just find it funny that Majolica Majorca is the most expensive when in fact it is the smallest among the three pencils and the NYX JEP is the biggest one but it is the cheapest of the three. :D


See? The Majolica Majorca eye pencil is a no match from the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil.


So, that's it for this review. I hope you got something from this product review.

Stay awesome my dear dudettes! :)
-ivsc-

















No comments:

Post a Comment