Tuesday, June 19, 2012

All About Hooded Eyes



People have different types and shapes of eyes. There's hooded eyes, deep-set, protruding, etc. To know what type of eyes do you have, please refer to the photo below.


I have hooded eyes. If you open your eyes and your lids disappear, that means you have hooded eyes as well. Sometimes it's frustrating because whenever I apply my eye makeup, once I open my eyes, it's like I didn't even apply any eye shadows at all! Plus, hooded eyes are more prone to eye makeup boo-boos. There are times when I line my upper lash lines with an eye pencil or cream/gel liner, it always transfers onto the lids. Good thing liquid eyeliners were invented! I used to admire people who have prominent eyes and deep set eyes because closed or opened eyes, you can clearly see their eye makeups and their eyeliners don't transfer onto their lids! Thanks to makeup artistry, there are different discovered eye makeup tricks to deal with your hooded eyes!

The most famous tip that I know based on my research includes a light eyeshadow, a darker eyeshadow for contouring, a highlighter, and a mascara. Eyeliners are optional. When you have hooded eyes apply your light eyeshadow on your moving lids but bring it up a little higher than usual. To have an illusion of deeper crease, contour the crease by applying the darker eyeshadow on the hoods or the skin that covers the lids. If you can't fully understand, please watch my video tutorial for hooded eyes:



Highlighting your brow bones and inner corners of the eyes are also helpful in dealing with hooded eyes. Apply a light eyeshadow or your highlighter on the brow bones and inner corners to brighten up your eyes. This will help your eyes appear larger. If you want to apply an eyeliner for an additional oomph to your eye makeup, line your upper lash lines thinly so that it will not cover the lid area. Lastly, apply loads of mascara and may I just suggest more coats on the outer lashes.


See how I contoured my crease and brought up the eyeshadow on my lids a little higher? This will totally emphasize your lids.



For additional tips, try to maximize the space of your eyes so that you will have more room for eyeshadows! Pluck, shave or use a thread to groom and shape your eyebrows. This will not only give you more eye space but it will definitely brighten up your eyes and frame your face. ;-)

To help really open up your eyes, always focus the darker shades of eyeshadows on the outer corners and bring it up towards the edges of your brows but blur it out as you go up. Do the same on your eyeliner. Make the eyeliner thicker on the outer area like winged lines and always make sure that the line is going up and not down.

You can apply eyeshadow on your lower lids because this can also help your eyes appear bigger. Just remember to apply the darker shade on the outer part and the lighter shade on the inner part.


Here are some photos of mine from my bare face, to a made up face but without dealing with the hooded eyes, to a made up face with an eye makeup for hooded eyes:

1. BARE FACE/BARE EYES

2. MADE UP FACE, NOT SO MADE UP EYES

3. FULL MAKEUP WITH EYE MAKEUP FOR HOODED EYES
(  http://theprojectawesome.blogspot.com/2011/09/kim-kardashian-inspired-makeup-look.html )


I hope that you noticed the differences among the three sample photos above. Isn't makeup amazing? You can do so much with it! :)

If you're feeling a little adventurous, go for dramatic eye makeup for hooded eyes like the ones that I've done in the photos below:

ROSE ET NOIR
(  http://theprojectawesome.blogspot.com/2011/11/rose-et-noir-pink-and-black.html )

SEXY GREEN SMOKEY EYES
http://theprojectawesome.blogspot.com/2012/06/sexy-green-smokey-eyes.html )

SEXY GREEN SMOKEY EYES
http://theprojectawesome.blogspot.com/2012/06/sexy-green-smokey-eyes.html )

MOONLIGHT SEDUCTION inspired by Michelle Phan
(  http://theprojectawesome.blogspot.com/2011/07/moonlight-seduction-inspired-by.html )


MOONLIGHT SEDUCTION inspired by Michelle Phan
(  http://theprojectawesome.blogspot.com/2011/07/moonlight-seduction-inspired-by.html )




AND if you are feeling even waaaaaaaaaay more adventurous, go for AVANT GARDE! =D

ARABIAN EYES
http://theprojectawesome.blogspot.com/2012/05/arabian-eyes-dulcecandy87s-contest.html  )

ARABIAN EYES
http://theprojectawesome.blogspot.com/2012/05/arabian-eyes-dulcecandy87s-contest.html  )

BURLESQUE INSPIRED



Hahaha! Hey, at least you now have an idea on how to deal with your frustrating hooded eyes! Hee! :)

Final words:
There are a lot of tips and tricks out for hooded eyes but personally, all I need are my mascara, brown eyeshadow (for contouring the crease), highlighter (to brighten up the eyes), and an eyeliner to tightline my eyes because if you tightline the eyes, you can skip lining the upper lash lines already and it will give an illusion of fuller eyelashes. :)

If you have any suggestions or if you know anything about eye makeups for hooded eyes, please do let me know by leaving a comment below or email me or PM  me because I'm not a guru of this matter. I know I only know some but not all and I just wanted to share with you what I have learned and gathered by researching. :)

Talk soon!


Stay awesome and accomplish your missions! :)
-ivsc-


50 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post! You've given me such useful tips to help with my hooded eyes - esp that bit about not needing eyeliner - I was starting to suspect that, and now I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, dear! :) There are more ways to deal with hooded eyes, I just shared what I know. :) Good luck! :)

      Delete
    2. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


      Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

      6o..

      Delete
  2. What a great post! I have the same eye shape and appreciate all the makeup tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kate! So glad you love my post. :)

      Delete
  3. Just found this post as I've wanted some help with my eyes - thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome! And thanks also for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! Thank you so much for these wonderful tips and also for all the pictures of different things to try. I get really down about my appearance and my hooded eyes defiantly add to that. I really can't wait to try these tips out! Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, dear! I'm glad to be of help. Good luck! :)

      Delete
  6. Your eyes are BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOUR EYES ARE EXACTLY LIKE MINE. omg it's so nice to FINALLY find someone who really has as hooded eyes as i do and absolutely GORGEOUS makeup skills!! thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GREAT!!! Thank you so much for visiting my blog, dear! I hope you find this really helpful! Thank you so much and good luck! :)

      Delete
  8. i was very frustating in welcoming my graduation day coz i have no idea why i always failed in applying makeup onto my eyes. Now that I know that i have the type of hooded eyes, i will definitely have a try...
    thanks for the tutorial, IT DOES REALLY HELP.....

    regards ^_^
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Glad I can help! Thanks, too for reading my post! :)

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's truly amazing the difference makeup makes on the eyes! Thank you for the pictures, you're so good at this =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I have hooded eyes too, just want to make a request, can you make a video on how to apply eyeshadow for beginners that have hooded eyes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the tutorials! My eyelids are a bit heavier than yours (I'm probably 10 years older than you) and I would love a tutorial on winged liner. I play with color and smokey look, simpler looks, and natural looks (still haven't gotten a good natural look down) but the winged liner look is almost impossible for me. Any help would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Exam Links provides all the latest Jobs, Admit Card, Answer Key, Results, Syllabus, etc. in various sectors such as SSC, UPSC, Railway, Bank, Police, Army, Navy, JSSC, UPPSC, UPSC, UPSSSC, IBPS, TET, and more job alerts only one place through Sarkari Result.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very great post, please write some more on this topic. If you want some useful links about this topic, here they are =>
    Hooded Eyes Celebrities
    Hooded Eyes
    Celebrities with Hooded Eyes
    What are Hooded Eyes?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing this article. Its really helpful also visit my blog
    Can a Brow Lift Fix Hooded Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


    Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

    3l..

    ReplyDelete

  17. I really enjoyed reading the post you shared. I hope you will get to read such an article in future also.

    assam govt jobs

    blogizon

    ReplyDelete