Thursday, April 25, 2013

Product Review: Yoko Knee and Elbow Moisturizing and Whitening Cream


     They say you should love your own body but I've always been jealous to those girls with very fair and light elbows! I just don't have that! Haha! I envy those blessed fair girls that have even skin tones from face to neck down to their body to elbows to knees and feet! Ever since I was a little kid, I already have discolorations on my elbows and even on my neck. Maybe it has something to do with me being fat. Yes, I said it alright, no biggie! ;-)

     I love having fair skin and it just bugs me at times that I have dark spots on my body --- elbows, knees, and ankle. The darkest spots are my elbows, next are my ankles. Maybe it's because I love seating like an Indian (Indian seat) ever since I was a child. My knees though are not that dark but last November, I had a very bad slip at our garage when I was about to ride the car. My gladiators sandals were too slippery, I don't know why! I slipped terribly and I was wounded badly on my knees, especially on my left knee. The wound was just too big. >.<


     I'm sorry for the really disturbing photo but I just want to show you how big my wound was. I was wearing a pair of leggings that time and when I slipped, it was ruined big time on the knee area. You could just imagine how bad it was and how painful it was. After I got that wound, I knew that the scar would be dark because I know my body. When I get wounds, the scars are always dark and usually takes a long time to lighten (OMG! Diabetes alert!). But I never thought that it would be too darn dark! I'm sorry if I didn't take a photo of the scar right after the wound healed. It was just too dark like almost black with white spots. It's just disgusting, alright? I loathed myself for that! Haha!

     So, I though it'd never lighten that much but months had passed, and I noticed that it's lightening BUT just a little bit. I told you it usually takes a really long time before my scars would lighten.

     Last March while I was at Watsons, I looked for whitening products that I can use for my elbows and other dark spots on my body. I didn't care about my scar anymore that time. All I care about is my elbows. Then I saw the Yoko Underarm Lightening Cream, a new product for me (never heard of the brand before), and I thought maybe I can use it on my elbows and neck, too? I was so sure that I'm going to buy it but lo and behold! I saw the Yoko Knee and Elbow Moisturizing and Whitening Cream on the other stall. Just what I was looking for! The price is affordable at only P179.00 so I purchased it.


Product Name: YOKO KNEE AND ELBOW MOISTURIZING AND WHITENING CREAM
Price: P179.00/50g
Spotted: Watsons, SM North Edsa

     The tub is small with pink lid. When you open it, the product is sealed with tin foil (Like that of Yakult). The little tub is full, so that's awesome. It has a fresh scent that kind of reminds me of the classic Nivea Creme. The cream is non-greasy and easily absorbed by the skin. What I love best about this product is that it really delivers. It is definitely moisturizing and eliminated the darkness of my body's dark spots. :)

"This cream can help to eliminate dark areas and discoloration at the knees and elbows. Extra strength formula that helps to retain conditions and moisturizes with highly effective for sensitive skin."

Direction:
     Apply in a small quantity and massage daily into desired areas.


     As for me, I think I apply more than "a small quantity" because I make sure that my my elbows, knees, and ankles are fully covered with the cream. I apply it twice a day, at daytime after bath and at night before I sleep. I still use lotion but I apply the cream first and let my skin fully absorb it before slathering lotion all over my body. However, I would like to admit that I don't use it everyday. There are times that I forget to use it especially when I'm in a hurry so some days, I only use it once and there are also days that I skip using the product (Other reason is laziness >.<).

     However, despite of not using it religiously, the result is still awesome. I started using this March 6, 2013 and after about two-three weeks, I've noticed that the scar on my knees lightened already. My ankles are not that dark anymore, too. My elbows? They're still a little dark and uneven but it lightened as well!

     Let me show you my elbows' before-and-after photos first:


Disclaimer: I used a DSLR camera (Canon Rebel T1i) on the before photos and a lower quality camera (AgfaPhoto Selecta 14) on the after shots.

     You can see on the left photo that my elbow was really dark and dry while on the right photo, it is way lighter and is not dry-looking anymore. The Yoko Knee and Elbow Moisturizing and Whitening Cream really softened, moisturized and lightened my elbows.

     Let's move on to that dark scar on my knees. Here's the before-and-after photo:



     Let me just tell you that the after photo was taken with a teensy bit brighter light but still, you can see the comparison. I did not filter the photos (including the before and after shots of my elbows) nor tweak the brightness and contrast. The only editing that I did is crop, merge, added texts and watermark. My scar really lightened and even the whole area of my knees! I'm impressed!

     I forgot to take photos of my ankles but based on the two evidences provided above, I think that's already enough to tell you that the Yoko Knee and Elbow Moisturizing and Whitening Cream works great on me. Now, I'm thinking to get the Yoko Underarm Lightening Cream. My sister wants it, too! Haha!

     Now, this is all that's left on my tub:



     It's still half-full so after I emptied the tub, I'm going to do another update. I would like to recommend this product because it really delivers and one of the best things about it is that it's not heavy in your pocket. ;-)

     Please share your favorite whitening/lightening products, too! I might try it in the future, maybe after using this cream. :)


Stay awesome and accomplish your mission! :)
-ivsc-


41 comments:

  1. nice huge difference! ang galing very effective nga! i'd like to try this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Indeed a huge difference! Love it! :)

      Delete
    2. Hi! I wanted to buy this cream, just like you I have a scar on my knee and my knees are darker than the rest of my body. I would like to ask you what you would rate this product out of 10. Maybe I will buy it as well!

      Delete
    3. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


      Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

      7U

      Delete
  2. wow i'll try this one at sobrang affordable... sana meron s watsons d2 sm lipa hmmm nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, i did try the yoko underarm whitening and it worked great on me for 2 weeks ive been using it and showed the lightening effect already. You should try it too. too bad i tried to try another whitening product (May (something))and lalo para namang pinaitim nya ung underarm ko... binigay ko kc ung remaining kong yoko sa sister ko. hahaha nwei, u should try it, its really good! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Now I really want to get the Yoko Underarm Whitening cream!!! Thank you for sharing, dear! :)

      Delete
  4. hi.. pede ba to for old scars?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow the photo is so convincing though I'm kinna worried I might not find it in jos, nigeria. What can I do???? :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I really don't know. :( I'm really sorry, I'm not really familiar about the products from Nigeria. :(

      Delete
  6. Hi,you can try our products. It can lessen scar visibility and fade away scars too by using it many times. It will also make your skin flawless and white.. You can visit our site website www.dermaobsession.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is so effective im impressed. ill buy this soon. i just bought one from ava.ph they are giving away discount.http://ava.ph/shops/263-ysabels-daughter.html?type=#sthash.Z1gLh2u8.dpbs

    ReplyDelete
  8. is the yoko underarm cream effective?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im using that too few days ago pa lang... product from thailand naman imported dito sa taiwan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used yoko under arm cream too for almost 2 weeks... My under arm is not really dark.. But i still tried it.. And its great.. My under arm is whiter than my face... I really love it... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whiter than your face? Haha! That's insane! I should try that! Thank you!

      Delete
    2. hi where can i buy yoko cream for knees? i checked online but im afraid because there's a lot of fake whitening cream sold online-- is this cream available in watsons or other drug storeS?

      Delete
    3. ow there!! she just got it in watsons sm north-- okey i will surely buy one for me :", )

      Delete
  11. Is it okay to use deo after applying the cream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I haven't tried the one for the underarms yet so I don't have any idea if it's okay to apply deo after. Sorry! :(

      Delete
  12. hi sis..ok lang ba ishare ko ang blog mo sa FB ad ko about the product.. thank you..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, sis! May I just ask to please give credit :) Thanks!

      Delete
  13. Hey! Your article was really helpful! I was searching for something like this. I have tried so many things for my dark areas but nothing works!! I see that you took an after pic on April 24th, 2013. Do you still use this product? If yes, can you please update your after pics (most recent pics) to show your progress? Thanks,
    Castella

    ReplyDelete
  14. effective po ba yan knee and elbow kasi 1month na din ako gumagamit but diko alam kung may pagbabago. 10 years na maitim ang siko ko pls help me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks to this one. Atleast it is very affordable. Pwede kaya to sa feet?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi pwede po ba to sa Underarm?

    ReplyDelete
  17. from what branch of watsons did you buy this?

    ReplyDelete
  18. What happened to your knee?? Gooooossh!
    By the way, thanks for sharing the review about the whitening product. Iniisip ko kung meron nito sa Watsons.
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete
  19. is this available in Baguio haha? was looking at Sm Baguio sa may watsons wala ako mahanap eh :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. how much is the yoko cream for the underarm??

    ReplyDelete
  21. do you know an effective and safe whitening cream for inner thigh and for ankles?? if u have pls tell me i would really appreciate it:thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have found out that these product contains mercury? as far as I know..please reply,,is it like that until now?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Have you still using this product? If you do, I assume that your elbows and knees are already lightened. I'm planning to buy this because of your post ��

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a whitening cream, you could immediately see results. Still using it? I'm interested!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sometimes we need to change some portions of our homes to make it more comfortable. People are always attracted to homes with calm environment. topselling

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


    Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

    zf...

    ReplyDelete