Monday, September 19, 2011

The Complete Beauty through the Decades Makeup Series


It's official! My beauty through the decades makeup series is finally DONE! I managed to finish the eight looks from different decades in one month and two weeks. This is a great accomplishment for me because seriously, it's not that easy. I had to do thorough researching for each makeup looks and how they evolved in time. Trying to mimic different makeup looks from different decades wasn't easy and it's such a huge achievement for me to have very nice results. :)

Let's review, shall we?

I started with the Flappers from the Roaring Twenties



The beauty of The Great Depression in 1930s



The look from WWII in 1940s



The elegant and sophisticated look of 1950s



Dramatic eyes of the 60s



The hippie look from the 70s



The big, bold, vibrant look of the 80s



and the natural look from 1990s.






I should tell you. My inspiration to do this makeup series is Keri Hilson in Pretty Girl Rock. If you've seen her music video of Pretty Girl Rock, you'll see that she portrayed different women from different decades. Based on yahoo!music, Keri Hilson in Pretty Girl Rock pays tribute to a century's worth of beauties who paved her way. Pretty Girl Rock is one of my most favorite songs and music videos of all time. The message of the song is just real and beautiful.



That concludes my beauty through the decades makeup series. Yeah baby, yeah! Another mission accomplished from the project awesome by yours truly. I hope you enjoyed this makeup series.

Oh, and stay tuned for my next makeup series. It's gonna be as awesome as this. ;-)


Stay awesome my dear dudettes! :)
-ivsc-






No comments:

Post a Comment