Tuesday, February 21, 2012

PRODUCT REVIEW: Maybelline Crayon Liner


PRODUCT: Maybelline Crayon Liner
PRICE: PhP 149.00
SPOTTED: Robinson's Ilocos Norte Department Store

When I was in Robinson's Ilocos Norte, I saw the Maybelline Crayon Liner and the Sales Girl told me that it's a new product. I checked it out because I thought it was interesting. It says that it's waterproof, smudgeproof and long-lasting. I didn't even think twice, I quickly bought one pencil since it's only PhP149.00. I bought the black one.



The pencil is quite shorter than the regular size of an eye pencil (if you know what I mean).



There are neon pink ribbons inscribed on the pencil and the product name, a sketch of a pair of eyes and of course, the Maybelline logo are also inscribed.


This is the point of the pencil.



I was so excited to use this because Maybelline is one of my favorite brand but I've never tried any of their pencils before. So, this is my first Maybelline eye pencil. Also, I thought it would be awesome because it claimed that it's waterproof, smudgeproof, AND long-lasting... but I was disappointed.




Yes, it's pigmented, the color is rich, it has a soft texture and it glides on smoothly BUT it's an absolute FAIL.

This is a picture after swatching the Crayon Liner. 


Then, I waited after a few minutes before I rub it but it smudged on the first rub. So, I waited for another few minutes to really let it dry first.


After 15-20 minutes, I checked back on it and tried to rub it again but to my dismay, it did smudge like hell, almost like the product was already being erased.



I used this pencil to line my water line on my Adele Grammy 2012 inspired look and it's sad because it looks good on the eyes but it's not long-lasting and according to the swatch and rub test, it's an absolute fail.




Will I repurchase? I don't know, for now I'm indifferent. But if you're interested, you can check it out yourself. Maybelline Crayon Liner is available at any Maybelline counters.

Have you tried this already? Your thoughts? Love to hear them! :)


Stay awesome my dear dudettes!:)
-ivsc-


3 comments:

  1. Wow ang ganda nang mga kuha mo sis.. Anong camera gamit mo for taking pictures sis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yung dgcam ko lang sis na SONY DSC-T70... :) Thanks!

      Delete