I finally filmed my first makeup tutorial and first video this 2013! I decided to do a makeup look using different local cosmetics. Now, don't be fooled by their affordability because these products that I used are amazing and very useful! All of the products that I used are local products except for the mascara because I don't really own nor know any good mascara from local cosmetics. All of the mascaras that I've tried from local cosmetic brands usually suck. Oh, I heard that the Double-Up mascara from Fashion 21 is good but I haven't tried it out yet. I used my trusty Maybelline mascara in this makeup look. And I did not wear false eyelashes. I, instead, did my favorite mascara trick to make my eyelashes look longer and more volumized. Curl, coat with mascara, then re-curl and VOILA! Long and volumized eyelashes without that heavy and sleepy feeling that you get from wearing false eyelashes. ;-)
I used shades of brown and peach for this makeup look. I wanted something wearable so that you guys can recreate it easily. However, I added a twist in the makeup look. I don't want it to be just like any ordinary neutrals and peach makeup look. Instead of using the usual black liquid or gel eye liner, I used a metallic brown liquid eye liner to line my eyes to make this look more eye-catching and unusual. I hope you'll like it!
Here are the products that I used to achieve this makeup look:
|NOT IN THE PHOTO: Shawill Palette, Shawill liquid liner, Maybelline The Falsies|
1. Ever Bilena Whitening BB Cream in Oriental (P195.00)
- This BB Cream is surprisingly great! I love the coverage and the finish because it is not too dewy unlike the finish of their other foundations. I also love the fact that it has a yellow undertone!
2. Nichido Foundation Stick in Beige (P150.00)
- I used this foundation stick as a concealer for this makeup look. This foundation stick will have a better result if you layer it gradually. Definitely buildable!
3. Fashion 21 Two-Way Cake with Milk Moisturizers in No. 02 (P140.00/refill)
- I love the finish and the coverage of this two-way cake! I just wish that it would have a wider range of shades like the two-way cakes from Fanny Serrano.
4. Fanny Serrano Two-Way Cake in Fantasia (P399.00)
- This is a bit pricey than the Fashion 21 Two-Way cakes but I gotta say it's okay because the coverage is better than the Fashion 21's and this is available in 7 other shades. This shade, Fantasia, is the darkest shade by the way. I love that the shade is not too warm because I prefer a contouring powder that is more on the cool tones. This has shimmers in it so it's a bronzer/contouring powder.
5. Shawill Collagen Rosy Touch Blusher in 001 (P165.00)
- This is my current favorite blush! I love the rosy glow effect. It is a peach blush with gold flexes which kind of reminds me of the blush from the ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder. The difference is that the Shawill Collagen blusher has a velvety texture while the ELF one is a little powdery. Wait for the review soon!
6. San San Eyebrow Pencil in No. 02
- I forgot the exact amount but it's super affordable. The shade of this brow pencil is a little warm and reddish so if you're not into that, try the No. 03. :)
7. Fashion 21 Single Eyeshadow in No. 20 (P65.00)
- This single eyeshadow is one of my faves because it's very pigmented yet it's so affordable. I don't just use it as an eyeshadow, most of the time, I use it as an eyebrow powder when I'm in the mood for bolder and thicker-looking brows. In this makeup look, I used this eyeshadow as my eyebrow powder and my darkest eyeshadow for my eye makeup. :)
8. Ever Bilena Mousse Eyeshadow in Opal (P75.00)
- I love the consistency of this mousse eyeshadow. Perfect as an eyeshadow base! I am actually planning to buy the other shades because they are surprisingly pigmented yet very affordable!
9. Fashion 21 Color Set
- One of my first palettes ever. I forgot the exact amount but I think it's not over P400.00. I love the colors! Although not all of them are pigmented. It's a good thing that my fave colors from the palette are all pigmented! :) I used the shades beige and warm brown for this makeup look.
10. Shawill 12 Color Cream Eyeshadow palette
- I also forgot the exact amount of this palette but I think it's around P150.00. It says cream eyeshadows but they're not really creamy, they're more of frosted eyeshadows. I used the white shade as my highlighter for the inner corners of my eyes and highlighter for my cheek bones and nose bridge. :)
11. Shawill Pretty Color Shine Liquid liner in 11 (P98.00)
- This is a very gorgeous metallic brown liquid eyeliner. I love this so much because it's so affordable but the quality is awesome. It doesn't smudge and fade at all! I have 4 other shades of this liquid eyeliner from Shawill. :) This is the one that gave this look a little something something!
12. Nichido Mineral Kohl Pencil in Onyx (P138.00)
- Okay, I know it's a bit pricey for a local eye pencil but it's fine with me because this is mineral and it is one of the blackest eye pencil that I own! I used this for lining the upper and lower rims of my eyes in this look.
13. Ever Bilena Famous Lipstick in Watermelon
- I forgot if this is P120 or P130 or P140! Hahaha! But it's around these prices. It costs almost as much as their matte lipsticks. This particular shade, Watermelon, is one of my most favorite shades of lipsticks ever! Perfect for daytime looks and smokey eyes, too!
14. Careline Lip Gloss in 101 (P60.00)
- To tone down the corally shade of the Ever Bilena Famous lipstick in Watermelon, I topped it off with this lip gloss from Careline which is a peachy nude lip gloss that is insanely pigmented. It's almost like a lip cream! I have 5 other shades of this lip gloss from Careline and I love them so much that if I ran out of these lippies, I would definitely repurchase! This lip gloss is exclusively sold at Robinson's Malls.
15. Maybelline The Falsies mascara
- Like what I've mentioned above, I didn't own any mascaras from local cosmetic brands so I used this awesome mascara by Maybelline! :)
That's it! I hope you did not get annoyed by the photos posted! I just loved the look so much that's why I posted different shots. Hahah! :) Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below.
Stay awesome and accomplish your mission! :)