Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Emerald Green, The Color of 2013 (Makeup Look)


Hi everyone!

So, if you haven't heard yet, Emerald Green is the top color for 2013 according to the Pantone Color Institute. I decided to do a look using this year's top color because I want to make it as my makeup tradition. Last year, Tangerine Tango was the top color and I also did a look using that color and I even collaborated with simplybeingjoanna in YouTube. I just deleted the video because I have to because of copyright issues. :( Anyway, if you still want to see the look, I blogged about it here.

According to Leatrice Eisenman, the executive director of Pantone Color Institute, "Emerald is such a balanced color, and balance is something to pick up on and listen to,". Eisenman also said that it's a color of growth, renewal, healing, unity and regeneration --- words we're all so in need of at this point of history. (http://www.philstar.com/lifestyle-features/2012/12/07/882565/emerald-green-pantones-top-color-2013)

I really love how they explained why they chose Emerald Green. They said we need to revisit the psychological background. I agree!


Green is the favorite color of my Mother. She said it's calming for her and it uplifts her mood. I actually like green, too, although it is not really my favorite. I love it because of course, it reminds me of nature. Now, Emerald Green for me is classy and sophisticated. That's how I see it.

Here's the makeup look that I came up with using 2013's top color:




Here's the list of products I used to create this gorgeous look and below is the thumbnail of the video tutorial:

PRODUCTS USED:

FACE
Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream in Natural Beige
Revlon ColorStay Whipped Foundation in Warm Golden
Fashion 21 Loose Powder No. 01
Fanny Serrano Two Way Cake in Silk (for under eye area)
Fanny Serrano Two Way Cake in Rajah (for contouring)
Wet N Wild Mega Glo Illuminating Powder in Strike A Pose Rose

EYES AND BROWS
Nature Republic Pretty Tree Auto Eyebrow Pencil No. 3
ELF 32-Piece Eye Shadow Beauty School Volume II
NYX Single Eye Shadow in Black
Maybelline The Magnum mascara

LIPS
Miners Matte Effect Lipstick in Barely Buff
(https://www.facebook.com/lipstickavenue)
NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in Buttery Nude




Add caption



I hope you liked it! I wonder what will be 2014's top color! Hmmm....


Stay awesome and accomplish your mission! :)
-ivsc-


No comments:

Post a Comment