Thursday, November 21, 2013

Essence Soft Touch Mousse Make-Up Review and Swatches

I'm back baby dolls!!!

It's been a while since I last posted a product review and I feel really bad about it because there's just too many products to share with you guys! Anyway, I won't tell you the story why I've been MIA, instead, I will tell you my story about the Essence Soft Touch Mousse Make-Up! :)



I've had this foundation since last June and I started using this last July and I'm sorry if it took this long before I posted a review about it. Anyway, the first time that I tried it, I immediately fell in love with it. Since I have oily-combination skin, I love that it really provides a matte finish that you won't even be needing a powder to set it. However, since I am not comfortable without setting my foundation, I still set it with powder everytime I use it. Hehe! BUT I've tried to leave it just like that without setting it with powder and it still stayed on my face for long hours but of course, setting it with powder will help make it last even longer.



Packaging looks decent because the mousse make-up is stored in a small glass jar. It looked really nice when I opened it that's why it broke my heart when I first used it because I have to ruin the beautifully swirled mousse foundation. Hehe! It is thick and has a velvety, matte texture that gives a powdery but smooth finish. Actually, when you rub it against your skin, it will look like it's forming into small crumbles that's why I was a bit surprised when I first tried it but then as you blend it, you will get a smooth and matte finish.



I just have to warn you that this mousse foundation can accentuate dry skin because it has a very matte finish. That's why it can emphasize newly healed pimples and acne marks so you have to be conscious about that when you use this. So, yeah, I won't recommend this to people with dry skin. When it comes to coverage, it can provide light to medium coverage only. For me, one layer is already enough for everyday look but I'm telling you, it won't fully conceal imperfections on your face. It can't even conceal redness of the skin with just one layer. You'll be needing about two to three layers to fully cover the redness and dark circles. I've used this a lot of times already since it's my favorite everyday foundation as of the moment and I can say that it can't conceal pimple scars that well. And even though it lacks coverage, I still love it because I just love how it gives me that very natural-looking skin.

I've read somewhere that this is available in 8 shades but here in the Philippines, there are only 3 shades available. I got the shade Matt Ivory which I think is the lightest out of the three and it's a shade lighter than my original skin color. I got this when I attended the Color Society event last June so I wasn't really the one who picked this shade for me.

Let's now proceed to my usual test with photos taken chronologically.

1. This is how it looks like on my face with two layers. As you can see it is lighter than my skin color so I always use a darker shade of powder to neutralize the shade. You can also see that the finish is really matte, like I've already set it with powder but that's just the Essence Soft Touch Mousse Make-up alone. (Sorry for my sabog na kilay. Hahaha!)



2. Now, this is how it looks like after setting it with powder and after doing my full makeup. This was taken around 3:00pm.



3. Straight from school! I took this photo at around 8:00pm so about 5 hours had already passed. It still looked good but it started to fade around my nose already and there's a small creasing under my eyes, too.



4. After a total of 7 hours!!! The mousse foundation was already fading out on my nose and above my lips and it's already wearing off under my eyes. I did got oily, especially on the t-zone area, but very slightly. If you look on my cheek area, it still looks pretty matte.



VERDICT! It's great for everyday makeup looks and daytime looks only since it can't provide full coverage. Staying power is okay but not really that awesome but it's already good enough for me. This is priced for P289.00 by the way. If you're going to ask me to rate it, I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5 and it may seem like a low score but I actually love this foundation. Considering its price? Not bad! Not bad at all! :)

Let me know what do you think about the Essence Soft Touch Mousse Make-up if you've already tried it out.


Stay awesome and accomplish your mission! :)
-ivsc-

4 comments:

  1. i like it because I have oily skin and I like the powder finish hi Ms. Bing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sis. I agree with your review. I find this much better than Maybelline Dream Mousse. Btw, what brush did you use for thia product since I'm hesistant do dip my finger?

    ReplyDelete
  3. where to buy here in the Philippines?

    ReplyDelete