#FirstImpressionMatters - Nail That Job Interview!
First impression never lasts. That's actually true. A person may think of you as someone who is sloppy or snooty when they meet you for the first time but that impression may change if that person later gets to know you better.
However, this first-impression-never-lasts thing doesn't apply in all situations. In some cases, first impressions matter. For instance, if you're going to apply for a job, it's important that you make a great first impression to the boss because let's face it, they won't wait for later to really get to know you and decide whether they are going to hire you or not. You need to impress them right away to make sure you're getting that position.
I am here to share with you some tips on how to nail that interview and get that position! :)
1. DON'T BE TARDY - Tardiness shows you're not professional. How can they trust you with other office works if they can't trust you with the time? So, be sure to get up early and be there earlier than the scheduled time. It's better to be early than to be late!
2. BE CONFIDENT - I think this is what we all should have first than anything else. If you show you're weak and scared, the bosses are going to immediately see that in you and I'm sure they will lose interest in you. So, be confident and show them that you're ready to do the job you're applying for.
3. BE YOURSELF - Some people try way too hard just to get in. There's nothing wrong in doing everything you can to get that job but if you're already showing to them someone who is not really you, then it might affect the whole process. You might show less and you might also show and say more. I remember when I applied as an English teacher. I am usually nervous (who doesn't feel that) during job interviews but that day, I decided to show them who I really am. I tried to manage my stress. I am someone who is bubbly and always laughing and smiling and I think that personality of mine helped me get the job. They needed someone who is friendly since we're going to teach Korean children. :)
4. DON'T LIE - Do not tell them lies just to get that position. Like, adding more achievements in your resume that you didn't really achieve. Remember, the truth will always come out. If you tell them things that are beyond your capability and they expect a lot from you, how are you going to live up to that expectations later?
5. DRESS PROPERLY - Remember, first impression matters in applying for a job. You should dress to impress but be sure to match your outfit to the occasion. Be sure you don't overdress and you won't be under dressed. Pick an outfit that is suited for the job and shows professionalism. It counts, I tell you!
6. LOOK YOUR BEST - This is somewhat related to dressing properly. Employees represent the company that they're in. So, most companies look for people with pleasing personality and can properly and confidently present themselves. However, like overdressing and under dressing, your makeup should be appropriate for your job!
Simple, polished, and fresh makeup look is my best bet for work and job application. It looks simple but presentable and it helps you to look more lively. Here is a makeup look that I created which is perfect to make a great first impression.
It is always important to have the perfect canvass. When it comes to office makeup, light and natural makeup looks are great. You don't want to pile on layers and layers of foundation on your face. You need something light but will make you look fresh and flawless.
In this look, I used the Maybelline 8-in-1 BB Stick. It can help cover up minor flaws on your face and since I have oily-combination skin, this BB stick is perfect since it has a powdery finish and it is really created for people with oily skin.
If you have normal skin or dry skin, don't worry because Maybelline 8-in-1 BB Cream is also available in two other formulas!
Here's a simple makeup tutorial if want to achieve that simple and polished makeup look that I did suited for a job interview.
I hope that this simple tips and makeup tutorial can somehow help you in your job interview to make a perfect first impression! Remember to just be you, be confident, and present yourself properly because #firstimpressionmatters!
Stay awesome and accomplish your mission! :)
Powered by Blogger.