Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Product Review: Myra VitaGlow BB Cream

BB Creams everywhere! It seems like almost all of the skin care and cosmetic brands are already coming up with their own BB creams. Myra, a well-known skin care and health brand, also released one called the VitaGlow BB Cream. I was able to try out their BB cream when I got a gift from the company which even came with a customized brush set.




When I learned about Myra VitaGlow BB Cream, it reminded me of their tinted moisturizer. I'm not sure if they still have it though but I remember that it has a thick consistency, sheer coverage, dewy finish, and micro illuminating particles. I tried out the Myra VitaGlow BB Cream and it was almost the same as their tinted moisturizer. The only difference is that the BB cream has a thin consistency and the coverage is sheerer. They even have the same scent.



According to Myra:

Myra VitaGlow BB Cream is the perfect product for modern girls on the go who need to look gorgeous in a flash. This radiance-boosting tube is packed with multi-benefits for your skin that allow you to combine the prettifying power of skincare and makeup:

It’s moisturizing. This lightweight cream hydrates your skin to keep it soft and supple.

It contains Vitamin E. This helps nourish your skin even more, so your complexion appears younger-looking and healthy.

It doubles as foundation. The tinted formula comes in two shades: Ivory and Beige, to help you even out your skin tone perfectly and hide pigmentation.

It contains skin-enhancing minerals. Staying late at the office? Use this unique BB cream to add a natural, glowing finish to your skin! You’ll love how the subtle, light-reflecting shimmers in this cream will make you look like you’ve got a lit-from-within glow.

You can use it as concealer. Just pat an extra layer of Myra VitaGlow BB Cream to camouflage dark spots and blemishes.

It also has sunscreen. The SPF15 in this easy to bring tube will protect you from harmful UV rays that causes premature aging.

It’s hypoallergenic. Girls with sensitive skin don’t need to worry about breakouts, because this dermatologist-tested cream is proven safe for daily use.

It's the most affordable! There's no need to hesitate when it comes to purchasing this product, since you can score instant glowing skin for only P99 a tube. Such a great beauty steal!


Yes, I agree that it is moisturizing and I love that it has Vitamin E, skin-enhancing minerals, and sunscreen but can't agree that it can double as foundation and can be used as a concealer. The coverage is just not enough. In fact, it has little to no coverage at all.

Myra VitaGlow BB Cream has two shades, Ivory (lightest) which has yellow undertone and Beige (darkest) which has olive undertone.



The consistency of this BB Cream is actually like a moisturizer. When blended, the color disappears and it gets absorbed by the skin. So, for someone who has blemishes, acne marks, and other imperfections on the face, this won't help cover those up because it's too sheer. If you want extra hydration though and want a luminous skin, you can use this as a makeup base.

There's another downside to this product, by the way. It's not okay for people with oily skin. One day when I went to school, I used it as my makeup base then used a concealer to cover up my imperfections. I didn't use any cream or liquid foundation but I used a powder foundation to set everything and a translucent powder to keep oiliness at bay because I have oily-combination skin.



I didn't retouch the whole time I was out and I was gone for 5 hours and when I got back home, I checked myself in the mirror and I was surprised to see a very oily face.


My mascara also smudged under my eyes. So after that day, I decided not to use it as a makeup base anymore. I sometimes use it though to mix with my other foundations to neutralize the shade or if I want a luminous skin effect.

Based on the road test that I did, I bet you've already guessed. I'm not impressed with this BB Cream at all. I am actually frustrated because I love how the skin can benefit from it considering all its nutrients and Vitamin and sun protection. But hey! If you have normal to dry skin, maybe it might work on you.

Myra VitaGlow BB Cream costs P99.00 and is available in Watsons and all leading drugstore, grocery stores, and department stores nationwide.



Stay awesome and accomplish your mission! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment