Sunday, December 24, 2017

Eye Makeup Transitions with Paint Box Artistry (Makeup Workshop)


Last month, I was invited as a guest makeup artist in one of Paint Box Artistry's makeup workshops.  Paint Box Artistry, owned by Ms. Elaiza Basas, is known for hosting workshops for both basic and advanced makeup here in the Philippines.


The makeup workshop was a very intimate one and it was held in Go Hotels near Robinson's Pioneer. We had the makeup workshop in their conference room. This wouldn't be possible if not for my very good friend, Ms. Martha Jante, who is also a beauty vlogger. She endorsed me to Ms. Elaiza to be one of the guest makeup artists to the same workshop she would be in. We worked alongside each other to teach a small group of people about skin care and eye makeup transition. Peks Martha (that's our pet name for each other) shared with the students her skin care tips and tricks and I taught them three different eye makeup styles. The rest of the makeup workshop lectures were already tackled by Ms. Elaiza herself.

Since I was going to demonstrate eye makeup transitions, I asked Peks Martha to be my model. I asked her to come without eye makeup but I asked her to already put on her false eyelashes.

The first eye makeup that I did on her was very simple which is suited for day makeup. I only used two shades of eyeshadow and, of course, I chose a universal color. I chose brown! It's perfect for any skin color. So, what I did is, I applied the brown eyeshadow on her eyelids and smoked it upwards a little bit. Then I took a darker shade of brown and used it to softly line her upper and lower lash lines and that's it! Very simple but can make a big difference in your daytime makeup look. It is recommended to apply mascara to finish the eye makeup, of course.


Then for the second one, I transformed the daytime eye makeup to a nighttime look. This time, I applied a champagne shade on the lids to the inner corners then I took a dark shade of brown eyeshadow to deepen the outer corners of the eyes. I also applied the same dark brown eyeshadow on Peks Martha's lower lash lines. Lastly, I lined the upper lash lines with a black liquid eyeliner. You can re-apply your mascara if ever you need to.


And for the final eye makeup, we did something more glam. I was actually asked to do a cut crease but I opted for my favorite halo or spotlight eyes since it is easier and more wearable. If you are going to visit my YouTube channel, you'll find that most of my recent makeup looks are halo eyes. I love this eye makeup style because it is perfect for any eye makeup shapes.

It's called spotlight or halo eyes because the focus is in the middle part of the lids. Apply the lighter shade of eyeshadow in the middle and a darker shade on both inner and outer corners. To glam it up even more, I did a winged eyeliner on Peks Martha using a black liquid eyeliner. Then I took a black eye pencil and lined her upper and lower rims to intensify the eye makeup.


Once you practiced these eye makeup styles, you can already start with playing with different shades of eyeshadow and create your own eye makeup. I hope you liked all of it!


Again, thank you so much to Paint Box Artistry and Ms. Martha Jante for this project. 'Til the next one!


Watch the vlog here!

Visit Paint Box Artistry on Facebook if you are interested to join one of their classes.
https://www.facebook.com/paintboxartistry/


1 comment: