Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mini Haul + Revlon Lip Butter Review



I recently filmed a mini haul/review video and I'm just going to list here all of the products that I hauled. Also, I'm going to write here my thorough overview about the Revlon Lip Butters. By the way, this is my first haul this year, HURRAH! 

So, I'm just going to start with the Haul list.

1. In2It 3-in-1 Cleansing Water - SM Dasmarinas, PHP 269.75
2. Kojie San Cleanser+Toner Dual Action - Robinson's Supermarket, PHP 79.00
3. E.L.F. Blending Eye Brush - SM Molino Watsons, PHP 129.75
4. Nichido Tru Lash Eyelash Adhesive - SM Taytay, PHP 60.00
5. In2It Moisture Intense Lipstick in Pink Alarm - SM Taytay, PHP 379.75
6. Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait - SM Taytay, PHP 525.00
7. Revlon Lip Butter in Cupcake - SM Taytay, PHP 525.00
8. Herbench Pouch Bag - SM Taytay, Bench Tofu, PHP 169.75

Now, let's proceed to the review.



Seems like a lot of women are going gaga about the famous Revlon Lip Butters. Ever since it was released, many women are dying to have one or more shades of their own. That's why when these babies were finally available here in the Philippines, many Filipinas went crazy and immediately bought and tried the lip butters from Revlon. I've been seeing a lot of reviews about this by different beauty gurus and beauty bloggers for the past month and of course, all of them have different thoughts so, I thought of giving my own perception as well.

Let me start.

Product name: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter
Price: PHP 525.00
Available at any Revlon Counters (SM Watsons, Department Stores)

The shades that I bought are Peach Parfait and Cupcake. There are 20 shades to choose from and although I'm a big fan of loud colors, I decided to buy these two instead since I'm just looking for something that is moisturizing and light colored which I can wear everyday. I got these from SM Taytay but of course, you can find these at any Revlon counters.


PACKAGING



It's lightweight but it's actually heavier than I thought because I always thought they would be super light like lip balms (e.g. Maybelline Baby Lips, Chapstick etc). The cap is plastic and translucent and two sides have quilted patterns. I like the fact that the colors of the caps are the exact shades of the particular lip butter. Also, I find it very helpful that the cap can tell if the shade has glitters or gold flexes because the cap itself also has glitters. So, at least you know which tubes to check out if you're into (or not) glitters and shimmers. Another thing that I love about this is that there's a small window on top. It's very helpful because you can easily see the exact shade.



There is a round sticker on the bottom part where the shade's name and number are indicated and the print is readable enough.



The tubes are sealed when you buy it so, at least you can tell if they're brand new and fresh.






The tube is stainless and slanted and the bullet is flat-topped.




Silly me, I forgot to take photos of the swatches but if you want to see the swatches, watch my video about it. Just play the thumbnail below.



TEXTURE, SCENT, AND COLOR PAY-OFF

I've actually swatched all of the 20 shades when I was in SM Taytay and they are all surprisingly more pigmented than I thought they would be. The lighter shades can accentuate the cracks of your lips if you have chapped and dry lips though. A lot of shades are actually very rich in color like the Red Velvet and Raspberry Pie. The names of the shades are what exactly the colors look like but the name does not describe the scent. Actually, most people mentioned in their review that Revlon Lip Butters don't have any scents at all but I can actually smell its sweetness. They all have the same scents but they're not too strong though so you can deal with it and you can't even smell it once you applied it on your lips. If you're going to ask me about its staying power, well you need to keep on re-applying it because it can only last for 2-3 hours.

MY THOUGHTS

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters are moisturizing but not as moisturizing as lip balms. They're also pigmented but not as pigmented as the regular lipsticks. They are almost like sheer lipsticks but then again, they're moisturizing so I can compare them to tinted lip balms.

A lot of women went crazy about these but sad to say, not me. I'm not going to deny that I was very frustrated when I found out about this one because they weren't available here in the Philippines at the time. And when they're finally locally available, I wouldn't also deny that I was very excited to buy and try it out. When I finally tried it out, honestly, I thought it was great but not that awesome to the extent where I'm going to save a lot of money just to buy more shades.

I'm not disappointed though with it but the thing is that, you don't actually need them. Like what I've said in my video, if you have the money and if you want to, go ahead and buy yourself one or two or even three shades. But if you're going to buy all twenty shades, then you're crazy because you can buy cheaper alternatives for these.

Revlon Lip Butters are more in the "want" category and not in the "need" category. For its quality, I personally think that it's a bit pricey but I understand that it is Revlon and it's one of the biggest makeup brand globally. But since I'm not a big fan of really expensive cosmetics, I'd say that this is actually splurge and not save. I love Revlon but I'm just not the biggest fan of their lip butters.

Will I repurchase this? Probably yes but I'm not going to collect them all. I'm not that rich. Haha!
Will I recommend this? Sure.

Disclaimer: These are my own thoughts and ideas. I wasn't paid to make this review. I have my own right to speak what's on my mind so if you're a big fan of the Revlon Lip Butters, please do not kill me. ;-)


Stay awesome my dear dudettes! :)
-ivsc-



3 comments:

  1. is the l'oreal balm out yet wherever you are? i think you'll find those better than the lip butters although they don't have that same pigmentation the lip butters are. however, in my opinion they are way moisturizing and still provides an amazing sheer tint to your lips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't wait for my lip butters tuloy!! haha but for 525 pesos.. would not spend too much siguro.. i am pretty happy with my venus and mars lip butters.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. inHERshoes: I haven't checked the L'Oreal balms yet but I will definitely try them. Thank you! :)

    donnarence: Hello MY LUCID INTERVALS! Haha, I juat love your blog, I'm sorry. :) Yes medyo mahal diba? Oooh what are venus and mars lip butters? Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete