Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Makeup For Warm Skin Tone


Hi everyone!

Last week, I asked my niece, Kian, to model for me for my warm skin tone makeup tutorial. I decided to do this kind of tutorials in my YouTube channel and not just do different makeup looks that are all from my creative mind (LOL). I'm going to make my YouTube channel a real tutorial channel BUT I'm not going to stop doing video reviews, hauls, and all that other videos that I've done before. It's just like I'm taking my YouTube channel up a notch. ;-)

Anyway, the first that I did is a makeup tutorial for people with warm skin tones or deeper skin tones. That means the morena babies and people with deeper skin color. I just want to make it clear that I did not enroll in a beauty school or beauty academy. Everything that I'm going to share with you are all learned by me from reading beauty/makeup books/magazines, articles from the internet and from watching videos in YouTube by different professional makeup artists such as Wayne Goss, Robert Jones, SignatureSeries, Lisa Eldridge, Pixiwoo sisters and Jordan Liberty. Their channels are all amazing and very helpful!

In doing makeup for people with warm skin tones, it is very important to learn the color theory to know which shades suit them best. Deeper colors such as brick shades, red, brown and other earth tones are great for people with deeper skin tones. I searched a video in YouTube wherein you can learn the color theory and I found Robert Jones' video where he clearly explained and elaborated the color theory. Watch Robert Jones' color theory video below:


If you watched the video and you've learned the color theory, I bet you already have an idea what color to use when you have a warm skin tone. Of course, that's not the only important thing. You still have to consider the basics like your skin type and shape of your face. However, even though you have a normal-dry skin, it is still best to avoid makeups that has shimmers on it or anything that will make your face appear oily because people with deeper skin colors tend to reflect more light than people with fair-medium skin tones. Settle for liquid foundations instead of cream foundations because cream foundations will have a higher chance of making your face shine and look oily. After foundation, mattify your face with a setting powder. Mineral makeups also makes your face appear shiny so if you have oily skin, stay away from it. In the tutorial, I used a mineral powder on Kian and it is totally okay since she has normal-dry skin.

Here's the video tutorial:




I did a bronzed makeup look on Kian and used copper shades for her eye makeup. She's just 12 years old, by the way, so I kept the look simple.




COMPLETE PRODUCTS USED:

1. I used the Tony Moly Baby Doll BB Foundation and then I set it with Ellana Minerals Loose Mineral Concealer and Foundation in Toffee Mocha.

2. To add dimension, I contoured her face using Fanny Serrano Two Way Cake in Rajah.

3. To redefine her eyebrows I used the In2It Waterproof Eyebrow Colour.

4. For the eye makeup, I used the copper shade from the San San Age Defying Eyeshadow Trio 02 as an eye shadow base. I then applied the copper shade from the LA Colors Palette Precious on top of the copper cream eye shadow. I contoured the crease using the medium brown from the In2It Waterproof Eyebrow Colour. I lined the lower lash lines using the same copper eye shadow from LA Colors Palette Precious, lined the outer lower lash lines with the same brown color from the In2It eyebrow palette and then to highlight the inner corners and brow bones, I used the beige eye shadow also from the LA Colors Palette Precious. I lined the upper lash lines using Maybelline Impact Express Smooth Felt Liner and then finished the eye makeup by coating the eyelashes with Tony Moly Maxi Volume Force Mascara.

5. For the blush, I used satin brick blush from the Props Disco Matte Palette.

6. I finished the look with a nude lip color and a hint of gold. I used NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in Skin Tone and NYX Round Lip Gloss in 24 Karet.




That's it! Please let me know what you want to see next. Talk soon!


Stay awesome and accomplish your mission! :)
-ivsc-


2 comments: