Monday, February 18, 2013

DIY: Pencil Holders

Hello everyone!

A few days ago, I instagram-ed this pic showing my DIY pencil holders.



It's actually pretty easy to do. I mean, the photo above says it all. But I just want to talk a little more about it. I don't really consider this as a DIY because it's just a glass that I designed to make it look presentable. Anyway, I bought these 3 glasses which come in a set. So 1 set consists 3 glasses and it only costs P39.75 from SM Hypermarket!

The glasses are just small and I really chose this size since I'm going to use it as a pencil holder. So, I don't want a really short glass nor a tall glass, just enough to hold my pencils. Something that won't drop my pencil when I put it inside and something that won't drown my pencils inside from the tallness of the glass. These glasses are perfect.



The glasses already have its own design as you can see. However, if I'm just going to leave it like that, it would just look like an ordinary glass! So, to make it a little cuter, I designed the glasses using old nail polishes. Here are the things that I used:

1. Old Nail Polishes - These will serve as your painting material. These are old already. The ones that are already too thick to use on your nails! The ones that are close to being dry already. Before you throw them out, you can still use them for something useful like with these DIY pencil holders!



2. Nail Polish Remover and Q-Tips - To clean the edges or any boo-boos!



3. A tape - masking tape, scotch tape, or whatever kind of tape! This will serve as your guide so that you won't make a lot of mistakes while designing your glasses, especially when you're painting the edges. I personally chose this tape because it's narrow so it's easier to deal with.



Just look at the photos below to see how I did it:

Used the tape as a guide for a straighter line.



Painted the top edge with a purple nail polish.



Then after that, tada!



You can leave it just like that or you can go crazy with your designs!


On the second glass, I painted two stripes and added random dots. I used three different colors to make it look cuter and colorful!





On the third glass, I painted three stripes!



As you can see in the photo above, the lines are crooked and I did a lot of boo-boos. That's because I peeled off the tape too early. I didn't let the nail polish dry completely so some parts of the nail polish peeled off together with the tape! Don't worry though because you can clean the edges for that crisp and straighter line with your nail polish remover and q-tips!



TADAH!!!




So here's how my glasses look like after:





Now, you can put your pencils in!





That's it! More DIY soon! :)


Stay awesome and accomplish your mission! :)
-ivsc-


1 comment:

  1. Cute idea! you could also put makeup brushes in them!!!
    Follow me? chiccupcake1.blogspot.com
    -Jen <3

    ReplyDelete