Classic Black Smokey Eyes ( Bb. Pilipinas Inspired Collaboration with Sandee)
A few weeks ago, I was invited by Sandee of MakeupbySandeeTV in YouTube to have a makeup collaboration. I love Sandee's works because she does creative makeup looks as well and I also admire her passion and dedication in doing makeups and filming videos. We came up with the theme Bb. Pilipinas, which is a well-known beauty pageant here in the Philippines. We thought of this idea since when we decided for a theme, the Bb. Pilipinas 2013 just ended, wherein Ms. Ariella Arida took home the crown! Congratulations, kapatid! :)
After we decided for a theme, I observed and learned the makeup looks of beauty queens but even before looking for photos, the first thing that came to mind was classic black smokey eyes because the eye makeups of beauty queens are always fierce and intense! Still, I searched for different beauty queens' photos but I just kept on coming back to the classic black smokey eyes so that's what I decided to do in this collaboration.
Classic Black Smokey Eyes by The Project Awesome
1. Prime your eye lids so that the eye makeup will last longer.
(I used the ELF Eyelid Primer)
2. Take a taupe eyeshadow and with a crease brush, define the eye sockets or crease of your eyes.
(I used the taupe eyeshadow from the PROPS Original Matte Palette)
3.Apply a black gel eyeliner or black cream eyeshadow or eye pencil as a base for the eyeshadows on the lids up to the crease. Blend with a synthetic blending brush.
(I used the Fanny Serrano Gel Liner in Black)
4. Take your blackest powder eyeshadow and basically apply on top of the black base. Use a patting motion to avoid smudging the base and to avoid caking. Smoke out the edges with a blending eye brush.
(I used the NYX Single Eyeshadow in Black)
5. Next, apply a warm brown eyeshadow on the edge of the black eyeshadow to soften the look. Line your lower lash lines, too with the same eyeshadow.
(I used the warm brown eyeshadow from the PROPS Original Matte Palette)
6. Highlight the inner corners of the eyes with a satin light silver eyeshadow.
(I used the satin light silver eyeshadow from the PROPS Original Matte Palette)
7. Highlight the brow bones with a satin light yellow eyeshadow.
(I used the satin light yellow shade from the PROPS Original Matte Palette)
8. Line the water line of the eyes and tightline using a black eye pencil. Bring it down on the lower lash lines as well.
(I used the In2It Waterproof Gel Liner)
9. Apply the same black eyeshadow you used on top of the black eye liner and smudge it.
10. Put on falsies if desired then coat with tons of layers of mascara! :)
(I used a pair of falsies from Divisoria and applied Essence Get Big! Lash Volume Curl Mascara)
If you want to see how I actually did this look, please watch the video tutorial below:
COMPLETE LIST OF PRODUCTS USED IN THIS MAKEUP LOOK:
San San Soleil Matte Foundation + San San BB Cream
*Used the Rounded Kabuki Brush from the Face Perfection Kit by Beauty Cosmetics*
*Used the Rounded Kabuki Brush from the Face Precision Kit by Beauty Cosmetics
to clean fall outs under the eyes*
Flormar Pretty Compact Powder in 195 (used to set the foundation)
*Used a powder puff*
Fanny Serrano Two Way Cake in Silk (used to set the under eye area)
*Used the Flat Top Anlged Brush from the Face Perfection Kit by Beauty Cosmetics*
Glory of New York Mineral Blush No. 10
*Used the Artist Studio Angled Contouring Brush*
Fashion 21 Roll 'N Dazzle Glitter Eyeshadow in Pink Diamond (used as highlighter)
*Used the blush brush from my houndstooth brush set*
Fanny Serrano Two Way Cake in Fantasia to contour the nose and jaw lines (not shown in the video)
Glory of New York Kohl Eyeliner in Morocco
In2It Waterproof Eyebrow Color
*Used the Marionnaud dual-ended eyebrow brush*
ELF Eyelid Primer
PROPS Original Matte Palette
Fanny Serrano Gel Liner in Black
NYX Single Eyeshadow in Black
In2It Waterproof Gel Liner
Essence Get Big! Lash Volume Curl Mascara
-Beauty Cosmetics Natural Blending Eye Brush for the crease
-Generic synthetic art brush for applying the gel liner
-Artist Studio crease brush to blend out the gel liner
-Eye shader brush from Landmark to apply the black eyeshadow
- ELF Blending Eye Brush to smoke out the black e/s
-Marionnaud N6 Eyes brush to apply the warm brown eyeshadow
- Gita Smudger Brush to apply the warm brown eyeshadow on the lower lash lines
-Short smudger brush from Landmark to highlight the inner corners
-ELF shader brush to highlight the brow bones
- Virginia Olsen Minerals Short Shader Brush to smudge the black eye liner
Ever Bilena Matter Lipstick in Mauvey
NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in Buttery Nude
Don't forget to watch Sandee's makeup tutorial! :)
I hope you enjoyed the looks we have created and please don't forget to subscribe to MakeupBySandeeTV in YouTube! :)
Stay awesome and accomplish your mission! :)
Powered by Blogger.