Friday, July 19, 2013

FOTD (071813) + GET THE LOOK: Neutral Glam

Hi everyone! I'm a day late and I know this may sound a cliche but it's better late than never! Haha! Last night was church day again and it's been a while since I really glammed up for worship service - with full makeup on! I used to just go for a no-makeup makeup look or just go for no makeup at all! Last night, I was really itching to play with my makeup since the other night before I went to bed, I was watching a lot of makeup tutorials on YouTube from beauty gurus whom I just discovered and fell in love with. One is ThatGirlShae. I love her personality! :)

Anyway, since I was really inspired and missed doing eye makeups with transitions and all, I decided to do this very common and simple but glamorous look.




I originally planned to wear a red lipstick but it would take me a little longer to perfect the shape of my lips because applying red lipstick can be a pain in the butt at times. So, I just went for a peachy nude lip color because I saw my Glory of New York Lip Shine collection and I rarely use them so to be able to at least use one of them, I chose to wear this lip color. ;-)


Want to copy this look? Then read further!

First, let me share with you the things that I used for this look. I did not use my favorite Glory of New York Translucent Powder today, which is the featured product of the month by the way, because I was testing my foundation if it would last just as long as when set with my favorite translucent powder. Glory of New York Translucent Powder is the bomb! It just makes my makeup last twice longer! Review soon. Anyway, here are the products that I used:


FACE
Essence Clear & Matt Make-Up Oil-Free in Porcelain
FS Two Way Cake in Fantasia for bronzing (not in picture)

BROWS
San San Eyebrow Pencil in No. 02 (not in picture)

EYES
NYX Nude on Nude palette
Fashion 21 Single Eyeshadow in 20
4U2 Dream Girl Reflections Eye Shadow Quattro
San San Age Defying Liquid Liner
Fashion 21 Defining Eyeliner in Black

LIPS
NYX Round Lipstick in Indian Pink


GET THE LOOK:


1. Apply Essence Clear & Matt Make-up and let it set on your face while you do the rest of your makeup.
2. Go straight to the brows. Use San San Eyebrow Pencil to shape and fill in your brows.
3. For the eyes, apply your transition color first. I used the taupe shade from the NYX Nude on Nude palette as my transition color. Apply this on your crease, under your brow bones.
4. From the 4U2 Dream Girl Reflections Eye Shadow Quattro, take the satin warm brown shade and apply it on your crease and blend carefully.
5. From the same 4U2 palette, take the satin beige eye shadow and apply that on the middle lids, as you can see on the photo above. blend it seamlessly to the brown eye shadow.
6. Take a darker shade of brown. I used the Fashion 21 Single Eyeshadow in 20 and with a pencil brush, I applied it on the outer crease of my eyes for more depth.
7. Tightline your eyes. Lining the inner rims helps in making your lashes more full and it makes your eyes more intense. I used Fashion 21 Defining Eyeliner in Black.
8. Create a winged line using San San Age Defying Liquid liner.
9. Coat your lashes generously with Fashion 21 Double Up Mascara.
10. Clean any fallout then you can now set your foundation with Glory of New York Dual Powder Foundation.
11. This time, I skipped contouring powder and just applied bronzer so that my face wouldn't look flat. I contoured though my nose using the same taupe eye shadow from the NYX Nude on Nude palette.
12. To sculpt my cheek bones, I applied my Glory of New York Mineral Blush in 10. For that beautiful glow, I used my Fashion 21 Roll'N Dazzle in Pink Diamond --- my favorite local highlighter!
13. To finish the whole look, I applied my NYX Round Lipstick in Indian Pink on my lips and Glory of New York Mineral Lip Shine in 62 on top.


That's it! Let me know if you want me to do a video tutorial for this! ;-)


Stay awesome and accomplish your mission! :)
-ivsc-

2 comments:

  1. just found this blog, gotta say u look gorgeous! i know this is gonna be a stretch for u coz ur a lady but can u post good skin stuff that works for guys too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!!! I am actually planning to post about guy stuff here in my blog with the help of my boyfriend, too. Stay tuned! :)

      Delete