There are a lot of ELF cosmetics that I want to try but aren't available yet here in the Philippines or worst, they won't be available here ever. Thank God for those online shops that import authentic ELF cosmetics and other makeup brands here in our country.
One of the ELF cosmetics that I really wanted to try are their Moisturizing Lipsticks from their Studio Line. I have tried one of ELF's lipsticks, the one in the silver packaging, but I did not like it. It's a good thing that The Primp Pad, an online shop here in the Philippines, sells the new ELF Moisturizing Lipsticks. Well, they're not really that new but I believe this is ELF's latest lipstick line.
When you say "moisturizing lipstick", of course, people expect it to be really moisturizing. Sadly, there are some lipsticks in the market that claim to be moisturizing but they are actually not. The ELF Moisturizing Lipstick? I'm really glad that it is true to its name.
Product Name: ELF Moisturizing Lipstick
Price: P168 from The Primp Pad
Available Shades: 10
- The ELF Moisturizing Lipstick comes in a simple black tube casing. On the middle part, you'll see the color of the lipstick shade which I just have to commend because it shows the exact color of the lipstick. Some lipsticks out there have this kind of packaging that shows the color of the lipstick on the outside but when you swatch them, they're not the exact shade.
What I don't like about the packaging is that when you twist up the lipstick, it feels very flimsy like the lipstick bullet is going to separate from the tube when you drop it once. Also, since the lipstick is a little creamy, it slants everytime I use it so just a piece of advice, BE CAREFUL.
SHADE AND PIGMENTATION/COVERAGE
- Like what's written on the product info above, there are 10 available shades for the ELF Moisturizing Lipsticks so, that's good. They have nude shades to pinks to oranges to red. When it comes to pigmentation, it has a good color payoff because with just one swipe, you will already see the actual color. The shades that I got are Pink Minx, Wink Pink, and Rosy-Go-Round.
1. PINK MINX
- A nude pink shade. It's a light shade so it might look a little blotchy on the lips.
2. WINK PINK
- A natural pink shade which almost looks like mauve. Perfect for everyday/natural makeup looks.
- A beautiful pink color which is perfect for any occasion and will look good on any skin tone. This is my favorite among the three.
CONSISTENCY / TEXTURE
- As what I have mentioned earlier in this post, the ELF Moisturizing Lipstick is true to its name because it is really moisturizing. It glides on smoothly like a lip balm, feels like a lip balm, and moisturizes like a lip balm. It has a creamy texture that almost melts when you apply it.
- They don't fade out that easily but they aren't that long lasting either.
Watch my Review Video here:
Overall, I love the ELF Moisturizing Lipsticks! I actually want to collect all the shades though it's not really necessary. Hehe! These lipsticks are great for everyday wear. Of course, you can use them on other occasions too but you have to bring it with you because for sure, you'll have to retouch after a few hours especially when you're going to eat out or have a drink.
ELF Moisturizing Lipsticks are available on The Primp Pad for only P168.00. I'm not sure if they're available in malls already but the products from the ELF Studio line cost P249.75 each at ELF counters/stalls.
Stay awesome and accomplish your mission!