I am privileged to be given an opportunity to be a part of the first ever Beauty Con of one of the biggest beauty networks, FemaleNetwork.com! When I received an invitation from them to be one of their speakers, I was thrilled! I really couldn't believe my eyes and I immediately felt butterflies in my stomach and just feeling overwhelmed knowing that I'll be on stage talking in front of a big crowd. Excited and nervous at the same time but it was such a great opportunity, so, thank you, Female Network!
The FemaleNetwork Beauty Con happened last November 15, 2015 at the Robinson's Magnolia Atrium. Oh, there's me with my sister/model, Queen B.!
I went at the event with my ever supportive sister and boyfriend! Since we were just at the backstage waiting for my turn, I wasn't able to take photos of the location but there were different beauty booths that catered to the visitors' beauty needs.
There were 9 different sessions in the Female Network Beauty Con Highlights. Here's the line-up:
1. Skin Care - Dr. Karen Gavino Dionisio of Aesthetic Institute of the Philippines
2. Hair Care - Christian Toledo and Jayfren Gallego of Creations by Lourd Ramos Salon
3. Beauty Blogging - Shari of themistymom.com
4. How to Present your Best Self - Karen Agustin from Ostrea of Global Image Management
5. Stand-out Eyes & Beautiful Brows - Celebrity Make-up Artist Geraldine Carlos of Revlon
6. Contouring/Strobing/Baking and Achieving 5 minute face - Celebrity Make-up Artist Al De Leon
7. Looking Fresh All-day Long - Nikki Tiu of askmewhats.com
8. Career Makeup - Bing Castro of theprojectawesome.blogspot.com
9. Evening Makeup - Say Tioco Artillero of saytiocoartillero.blogspot.com
Yes, I did a demo for a career makeup or office makeup.
You know, I've spoken in front of a lot of people before. I've hosted big school events and I do makeup workshops as well. I love reporting in classes too because I just love talking in front of people not because I want to be the center of attention but for me, it's a confidence booster and it will help enhance my speaking skills. However, this particular event is not just an ordinary school event or a simple makeup workshop. I was on stage! It was heart-throbbing and I got really nervous before I went on stage but when I was already there, I just did what I had to do and thank God it was a success! I admit though that I was stuttering but I'm still glad I made it. Tee hee!
Thanks to my amazing boyfriend for taking the photos!
If you're wondering what kind of career makeup I did on my sister, here are the steps:
- Apply base makeup. I just used BB cream since it's for office makeup and you don't want anything heavy on your face.
- Conceal imperfection using a good concealer.
- Set with a good setting powder that will help the makeup last throughout the day.
- Define the eyebrows with an eyebrow powder for a more natural finish.
- Apply a champagne shade of eyeshadow then line the eyes with a dark brown eyeshadow and an angled eyeliner just to make the eyes more alive.
- Mascara, of course!
- Bronzer to add warmth on the face.
- Blush to bring back color on the face.
- Apply a MLBB (my lips but better) shade of lip color. I used a peachy nude lip color on my sister.
Here, I was asked, if there is just one makeup product that you can use for career makeup, what is it? I answered concealer and mascara! Concealer is a girl's best friend in the makeup world and mascara gives life on the eyes.
At the event, I also met Nikki Tiu of AskMeWhats for the first time. Well, I've met and seen her before from previous events but that was the first time that we really talked to each other and it's as if we're already long-time friends! Haha! I had a great time! She was also one of the key speakers at the Female Network Beauty Con. Congratulations, Nikki!
With my gorgeous model/sister, Queen B. and my handsome boyfriend, Gian! Thank you so much for coming with me, guys! I love you both!
These ladies were so wonderful to be there and support me and the other key speakers and just have fun. Thanks a bunch, girls!!!
|Photo grabbed from Ms. Angel Alberto|
|Photo grabbed from Ms. Angel Alberto|
Thank you so much to Female Network, Ms. Jane and Ms. Kaye and the rest of Summit Media team for having me at your first ever Beauty Con! This is such a huge deal for me. Thank you! Congratulations to a very successful event!
Don't forget to visit FemaleNetwork.com and you can also follow them on their social media accounts.
Facebook: Female Network