Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Product Review: L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation




A couple of months ago, L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation was finally launched here in the Philippines. Before, we can only buy them from our local online stores and since I am not a huge fan of online shopping, I haven't got the chance to try it until it finally arrived here in PH.

Even before it was launched here, a lot of people are already raving about it. They said it is the best foundation for people with oily skin. Of course, I was curious and wanted to see for myself so when I finally got my own tube, I immediately tested the product.


Product Name: L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation
Price: Php700
Available at: L'Oreal counters nationwide


SHADES

There are 6 available shades for the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Mate Foundation. It's a good thing that there are shades for warm and cool under tones BUT sadly, it is kind of difficult to find a match for my own skin color. There are two cool under tones and the rest are all on the warm side but still, I can't find the perfect shade for me so I have to mix 2-3 different colors. The shades I usually use are 103, 105, and 106.



PACKAGING

The L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation comes in a squeezable tube. When you open it, you will find a nozzle which is sealed when purchased. 



What I like best with the packaging, aside from it being handy, is that at the back, the important points are indicated such as the finish, longevity, coverage, and texture.



TEXTURE AND COVERAGE

As what is indicated on the tube, the texture is light. The consistency is creamy but not thick so it feels really light on the skin, which is one factor that I love about this foundation. The coverage is light to medium. One layer can cover the redness of the skin but cannot cover dark spots, acne scars, and other blemishes. Two layers can fully even out the skin tone and hide discoloration but still won't be able to cover dark spots. It can lighten them but won't conceal.


FINISH AND APPLICATION

The finish is absolutely MATTE! I haven't tried any foundation that is as matte as this one. In fact, it is so matte that I don't even have to set it with powder! Well, except for the eye area. It's the only part of my face that I set with translucent powder whenever I use this foundation because I have really oily lids and I have lines under my eyes. So, to avoid creasing, I apply a thin layer of translucent powder on that area.

Oh, and if you have dry skin, then this one is not for you. Its powder and matte finish can actually accentuate the dry areas or dry patches on your skin. So, no matter what skin type you have, do not forget to moisturize well before applying foundation.


The first use, of course, is always the trial and error part. You're still learning how to use and deal with the product. The first time that I used L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation, I applied translucent powder all over my face to set it but since the finish is super matte, I only applied a thin layer. Even though it's matte, I still had this mentality that a foundation should be set considering my oily-combination skin and the bipolar weather we have here in the Philippines.

Also, I used a buffing brush the first time I used this foundation. To be honest, I had a hard time applying it because it sets really quick so you have to work fast or you won't be able to have an even coverage. It was nice but I observed that the foundation doesn't seem to blend well on the skin like it's just sitting on top of my face. So, the second time I used it, I decided to use a beauty sponge and boy, was it AMAZING! That's when I discovered that the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation blends and sets well with a beauty sponge than with a buffing/foundation brush.

Quick Tip:
Since the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte sets quickly and since it has a super matte finish, I suggest that if you are going to apply a concealer, cream blush, cheek tint, and the likes, apply it prior the application of foundation. Once it sets, you can't touch it anymore, you can't move it. If you apply a liquid product on top of it, it will just ruin the coverage and it will crease and cake up. So, apply those things first then apply the foundation. It will actually help set your concealer since it has a matte, powder finish so it's like it's locking in the products used underneath.


LONGEVITY

Like what I have mentioned, I used a translucent powder to set the L'oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation the first time I tried it. Here's what it looks like after application.

Around 4PM

After that, I went to the mall to buy some stuff and run errands. I left around 4 in the afternoon and I did not retouch since then. When I went back home at around 10:30PM, I immediately checked myself in the mirror and I was amazed with how the foundation held up despite the warm weather that day.

Around 10:30PM

Even though I was already blown away with its staying power, I still thought that maybe, the translucent powder somehow helped. So, on my second time using it, I decided to ditch the setting powder and see if it will still have the same result. And VOILA!!! I actually applied the foundation at around 11AM before my makeup gig. I went home to rest for a while, retouched a little, then went out again at around 3PM to attend Ate Martha's Mermaid Party.


My lipstick did fade but my foundation stayed intact even after travelling and wandering the streets in Manila and after going back to Quezon City!

I went home at around 1 in the morning already and this is how my face looked like. STILL WITH NO RETOUCH since that afternoon when I left the house!


My nose did oil up a little bit, faded a little on the chin area, and my mascara on my lower lashes smudged very slightly but everything else still looked the same. My blush stayed on, minimal creasing on my laugh line, no fading around the nose, redness of the skin did not peek through, in short, the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte is the bomb when it comes to longevity! It actually claims to stay on for 24 hours but girl, I haven't tried having makeup on my face for that long.


FINAL WORDS

So, yes! It is a great foundation for people with oily skin but some said it did not work that well on them. Yes, I highly recommend this foundation to people with oily skin. It keeps oil at bay and stays on for looooong hours. However, at the end of the day, it still depends on one's skin type, reaction, product application, and of course, preference. Also, if ever you are wondering, no, I did not experience breakouts after using this foundation.

Here is my video review in case you want to see the live demo.


I hope this post helps! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment