Thursday, November 22, 2018

Product Review: Maybelline Total Temptation Mascara (I'M BACK!)

Grabe!

I didn't realize that it's been 5 months since I last posted an entry here in my blog. I don't know what to say. LIFE HAPPENED and I won't bore you with the details since I am here to share a product review with you, guys, and I am planning to tell you all about what happened in a separate post.

So, let's get down to business. Yes, it's been 5 months since I was MIA and it's also been that long since I last played with makeup and explored different products. Recently, I'm trying my best to check out new beauty products in the market so I'll have something new to share with you when I finally come back in blogging and vlogging. So, here you go!

When you stopped doing glam and beauty makeup for a while, it could be hard to get back so as of now, I'm just sticking with the basics. I rarely go out with foundation, concealer, or any base makeup at all. My go-to beauty products are sunblock, eyebrow pencil, and lip and cheek tints. On days when I want to look more presentable, I apply concealer, a touch of bronzer, and I sweep on some mascara just enough to open up my peepers. And when it comes to mascaras, Maybelline is one of my favorite brands. Then recently, they released their new mascara called Maybelline Total Temptation and boy! I am, yet again, impressed with the brand.


Product Name: Maybelline Total Temptation Waterproof Mascara (Very Black)
Price: Php399
Available at: Maybelline counters nationwide, Lazada

According to Maybelline:

Total Temptation Waterproof Mascara builds lashes for full and soft volume. Give in to Total Lash Temptation. Build on bold volume to create irresistibly soft, separated, and dense lashes coat after coat. Features a creamy and whipped formula infused with coconut extract.


PACKAGING
First of all, what really caught my attention is the packaging. It is absolutely different from their other mascaras. Aesthetically speaking, for me, this is totally the best among the rest. The front part has a flat side and the back side is cylindrical.





TEXTURE, FORMULA, APPLICATOR
Since it says that it is infused with coconut extract, I immediately smelled it and yes, it has a hint of that coconut-ty, tropical scent but not the overwhelming kind. When I first checked the product, I thought that the texture is just the same with their other mascaras but as I apply it on my lashes, I realized it is somewhat creamier and softer. Maybe it's because of its whipped formula. Also, I couldn't help but notice the mascara wand/applicator. It is quite big and it has these many tiny bristles but it's very soft like you will really feel that it's going to give you that volume your lashes need.



PERFORMANCE
When it comes to mascara, I always opt for the volumizing ones more than the lengthening ones. It's not that I don't want longer lashes and it's not that I already have long lashes. More than lengthening, I prefer volumizing and curling mascaras because it makes my lashes look fuller and my eyes appear more open and lively. Also, if my lashes is too lengthened, it will touch my lids since I have hooded eyes and since I wear glasses, it will hit the lenses which is absolutely uncomfortable.

What I noticed with the Maybelline Total Temptation mascara is that even without curling, my lashes were totally lifted! That's one of the top points that I look for in a mascara because number 1, I am usually too lazy to curl my lashes so I skip that part and number 2, if it is able to curl your lashes without the use of an eyelash curler, it just proves its ability to give your lashes more volume.

Take a look at this photo and compare my left and right eyes. You will totally see the difference. I did not curl my lashes and I only applied mascara on my left side. You can clearly see that my natural lashes is barely visible and my left lashes with the Maybelline Total Temptation mascara look curled and lifted. And that's just one coat. It's like magic, where did those lashes come from? :D



Now, in this photo I already applied on both lashes and with two layers. I can't stress enough how this mascara was able to curl and lift my lashes. It's just awesome. And even with two layers, my lashes did not clump at all.



The Maybelline Total Temptation Waterproof Mascara was able to hold my lashes even after a few hours and I barely saw any smudging. I was also impressed because I didn't see tiny flakes even after it dries. Waterproof mascaras are like hairsprays for your lashes. It holds the curl but sometimes it can be flaky but with this one, I did not see any sign of it. Definitely loving the creamy and whipped formula! Also, it is not that difficult to remove. Some people despise waterproof mascaras because it can be stubborn when you remove it. Those people should try this one!



Will I recommend this? Heck, yeah! I might even use it on my clients. Quality is very impressive considering its affordable price. Then again, we all react differently with makeup products. What works for me may not work that well for you and vice versa. Okay? ;)

Have you tried this mascara already? I heard it's comparable to the L'Oreal Lash Paradise mascara. Hmm, let me try that one next!



3 comments:

  1. Wall mirror, mirror installation on the wall, house, apartment, contemporary building Yours is another idea to กระจกอลูมิเนียม decorate your apartment to look spacious. Clear glass is also a great decoration material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Highly recommend this mascara. It doesn't clump, no smell, easy to use, easy to remove and it really did lengthen and make the lashes look fuller.
    essence mascara

    ReplyDelete
  3. i personally like this mascara due to its exceptional properties as it does not clump and easily removed it give a real length to your eyelashes branded matte nail polish price in pakistan
    opi nail polish price in pakistan
    human hair extensions price in pakistan and give you a fuller look

    ReplyDelete