Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cleaning out my Brushes!

We all know that cleaning our brushes every after use is a must but because of the laziness taking over my weak body, I wash my brushes every other 2 to 3 days! I know, eeky but, yeah that's how I do it. Haha! :D I've just finished cleaning my makeup brushes tonight. As you can see in the photos below, I have two methods of drying the brushes.

1. Taping the brushes upside down on a wall or any flat surfaces or edges. I learned this from a YouTube video. This way, the water will run down the top of the brush hairs avoiding the glue to loosen up.

2. Rolling the other side of a towel. This method is also great to dry your makeup brushes because it elevates the brushes allowing the water to run down the top of the brushes. Plus, the towel also absorbs the water excess from the new cleaned brushes.


So, how do I clean my brushes? I use the JOY Antibacterial Dishwashing liquid with Vitamin E. You know the one that is also a hand care? :) Yeah, I use that to clean my brushes because it has Vitamin E and it's antibacterial, too so it will basically kill the bacteria and the germs from my used makeup brushes. What I do is I mix the Joy with water because it's actually concentrated and then I put it into a bowl then soak my brushes. After that I brush the makeup brushes back and forth on the palm of my hand then rinse it thoroughly and then DRY them, of course! :)

So, that's it! I know we all have different ways of cleaning our makeup brushes but I just want to share mine.

Thank y'all for reading!

Stay awesome my dear dudettes! :)
-ivsc-


No comments:

Post a Comment