Monday, January 16, 2012

Expressing yourself. More Fun in the Philippines! (Philippine Flag inspired)


Recently, the Department of Tourism here in the Philippines unveiled the new tourism slogan and campaign which is "It's More Fun in the Philippines". It did receive a few criticisms but despite all of the harsh comments, it will still be implemented and I absolutely support that because I believe that it will work. Actually, it's already working. After the DOT launched its newest campaign, photos of different things (places, people, events, etc) in the Philippines are trending in the cyberworld watermarked with "It's More Fun in the Philippines". The idea is to post any random stuff from the Philippines and connect it to the slogan "More Fun in the Philippines" and that photo should explain why it's more fun in the Philippines. For you to understand it better, here are a few photos that I got from Google:

(Photo credits: George Tapan)



Status updates. It's more fun in the Philippines.

Now you get it, right?

So, to contribute and help promote our country, I decided to make my own version through the one thing I know best and I love the most to do which is my passion. I decided to express it through MAKEUP. I've been brainstorming with myself (haha) for like three days to have a catchy slogan. At first I thought "Makeup. More fun in the Philippines" but I just think it's bleak and sober. Then I realized, since I chose my own way on how to express my contribution for this campaign, why not say "Expressing yourself. It's more fun in the Philippines". I know most of you will think it's cheesy but it actually works for me because this is my way of expressing what I can do to contribute and promote our beautiful country.

Here are my posters (because I created two versions):



The makeup was obviously inspired by the Philippine Flag. To know how I did this look and to know what are the meanings of each color, watch my campaign/tutorial video:



Here are the complete list of products used:

FACE
San San Soleil matte foundation
Maybelline Clear Smooth All in One Shine Free cake powder in Honey
Fanny Serrano Two Way Cake in Rajah
E.L.F. Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder

EYES AND BROWS
San San Eyebrow Pencil in 03
In2It Waterproof Eyebrow Colour in eyebrowns
Ellana Minerals Eyelid Primer
Dollface Cosmetics Vanity Palette
Qiuanyu Eyeshadow palette in 02
Local Kokeshi Doll liquid eyeliner
Nichido Mineral Kohl Pencil in Onyx
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
Local blue eye pencil

LIPS
Careline lip gloss with Vit. E in 108


BRUSHES
Dollface 16 pieces brush set
Landmark Brushes
Marionnaud Brushes

MORE PHOTOS!






I am a proud Filipino and I fully support DOT's new campaign. There are a lot of things why it's more fun in the Philippines. There are soooooo many beautiful places here in the Philippines. The people are very hospitable. And I still can't get over to what ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corporation anchor, Bernadette Sembrano, said --- “It is the only place where victims who had just lost their homes wave at the camera and pose!”. This totally cracked me up! Funny but true! :D

There is another thing why I'm so happy and proud to be a Filipino and why I think it's more fun in the Philippines... and that is having a Filipino Family. :)


Stay awesome my dear dudettes! :)
-ivsc-














3 comments: