Thursday, March 15, 2012

PRODUCT REVIEW: Maybelline Clear Smooth Aqua Gel Foundation


I'm not sure what they did with this clear smooth aqua gel foundation, but I think this is the new version of this foundation because back in High School, I used to use this Maybelline aqua gel. Back then, this foundation  was more expensive and the shades were labeled with numbers. I remember mine was 12 and my sister's was 14. Also, the new bottle is smaller than the older one. Maybe that's why the older one is more pricey than the new one. I cannot remember the exact amount of the old aqua gel foundation but I guess it's around PhP 600+ and the new one only costs PhP 349.75.

Anyway, I just want to tell you all that this is my current favorite great-for-everyday foundation! I forgot already how was the quality of the old Aqua Gel but the new one? I love it! It's very light on the face, it's water-based, and you can even not set it with powder because the finish is matte. Let me give you more of my thoughts about the Maybelline Clear Smooth Aqua gel foundation with some photos for evidences. ;-)

PRODUCT NAME: Maybelline Clear Smooth Aqua Gel Foundation
Shade: 22 Natural Beige
Price: PhP 349.75 / 30ml
Spotted: Robinson's Department Store

What the product claims:
- Water-based formula gives skin a light and fresh sensation
- Controls shine for an all day perfect and healthy-looking complexion
- Evens out skin tone and covers imperfections
- Feels soothing and cares for your skin with chamomile, aloe and Vit. E

*100% oil free     *Dermatologist tested     *Allergy tested     *Fragrance free     
*Hypoallergenic     *Won't clog pores

Well, this is what I can say about their claims, most of it are true. It feels really light on the skin and gives a fresh and soothing sensation. Yes, it's fragrance-free. It also controls shine and lasts for long hours but it doesn't really cover imperfections. It lightens some of the imperfections on my face but the coverage is just light. I usually apply two layers to really lighten the blemishes and other spots on my face.

I took the picture of the foundation in our sink with the faucet on because since it's an aqua gel foundation, I thought it would look cool if I place it in water. ;-)


This is how the gel foundie looks like.

This is how it looks like after I spread it out. It feels really light.

This is my unpleasant bare face. I've been having breakouts these past few days.

And this is me after applying the Maybelline Clear Smooth Aqua gel foundation in Natural Beige



I haven't set the foundation with powder yet in the three photos above but my face looks really matte and I can also feel that it's matte. You don't even need a powder to set the foundation but because I'm worried that it might look really oily by the middle of the day, I still set it with powder after taking these photos. As you can see in the photos above, it lightened my blemishes and my pimple but it did not fully conceal them. My imperfections were still noticeable. I doubled up the foundation as a concealer for my dark under eye circles and the redness around my nose.

Even though it's not good in concealing imperfections, I'm still in love with this gel foundation because of its light texture, it's staying power and the way it feels on my skin. I have concealer naman to conceal my imperfections. ;-)

Taken after finishing the complete makeup.

PROS:
- Water-based, oil-free
- Hypoallergenic
- Feels light and fresh
- Stays for long hours without looking so oily by the middle or even at the end of the day
- Matte finish
- No need to set with powder
- Price is affordable

CONS:
- It's not good in concealing imperfections
- Limited shades (Only 4 shades are available)

Overall, I think the Maybelline Clear Smooth Aqua gel foundation is awesome! I really love it. It's one of my favorite foundations of all time and my favorite go-to foundation as of the moment. I highly recommend this foundation especially to those people who have oily skin but please keep in mind that it's not ideal to use for a heavy coverage of foundation because it can only give light to medium coverage.

Maybelline Clear Smooth Aqua gel foundation is available at any Maybelline counters at any SM Department Stores / Watsons or Robinson's Department Stores.

If you have already tried this foundation, let me know how it works for you. :)


Stay awesome and accomplish your missions! ;-)
-ivsc-

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. can't believe I just read your comment no! :(
      Thank you so much, Kaye-Ann! :)

      Delete
  2. oh god i can't get this in my country~don;t know why! i used this b4 but now it's out of stock! sad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww... I tried this one too... It's my everyday foundation. I did like how light it is when applied but after few hours my face looked oily already.huhuhu... Oh well, maybe because I have a combi to oily skin that's why. :( But really this foundation is nice and affordable too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have combination-oily skin too and yes I admit that sometimes, it doesn't really help that much with oil-controlling especially on very hot, hot, hot days! But yes, it is nice and affordable :)

      Delete