Friday, March 8, 2019

REVIEW: VNM Naturals Toners | Rosewater + Aloe Soothing Toner and Cucumber + Guava Leaf Skin Clearing Toner

Ever since I consulted a dermatologist years back about using toners, it made me use them less. She said that if your skin doesn't necessarily need a toner and if you don't see much of a difference when you use it or not, it's okay to skip it. Well, not totally ditch it but if you use a toner everyday day and night, you can use it every other day or if you want to use it everyday, do it only once in a day.

Toners are still important because it balances your skin's PH level but since that dermatologist told me I don't really need it that much, I decided to just use toners once a day. Particularly, every night only. I also realized after talking to the dermatologist that not all the toners that I've used really made a difference on my skin. Some did but some? Well, you can say that it was just another added step to my previous skin care routines. I can count with my fingers just how many toners I've tried that actually worked on me and when I say "worked", I meant I really saw a good effect that it did on my  skin.

Recently, I started using these toner mists from VNM Naturals. It's been quite a while since I discovered toners that would make it on my favorites list. I fell in love with the VNM Naturals toners because of its benefits for the skin and the fact that you can use it as a toner and as a mist.


Product Name: VNM Naturals Happy Pores Toner
Price: varies on the toner variant
Available at: www.vnmnaturals.com

I've known about the VNM Naturals toners for years now but it was only recently when I started using them. That was the time when I had a lot of skin breakouts especially acne on my forehead which really frustrated me and made me insecure.

Because of this skin condition, I decided to put together a group of skin care products that I think would help me with my breakouts. I used this AHA soap from Crystal White (which I will review in a separate blog post and I will also make a video about it) which absolutely helped me in treating my pimples. Then for my toner, I decided to go for something mild and natural. I've had these VNM Naturals toners for a couple of months in my stash before I started using them and when I saw that I have the VNM Naturals Cucumber+Guava Leaf Skin-Clearing Toner, I decided to use it because you know, maybe it would help in clearing my skin! :)

However, since the soap I was using is a little strong, there are times when my skin would feel a little sensitive (especially during the first days of using the soap because that's when it really worked and that's when my skin was adjusting to these new skin care products that I'm using). So for those days, I would use the VNM Naturals Rosewater+Aloe Soothing Toner.

So, how did they work on my skin?

1. VNM Naturals Cucumber+Guava Leaf Skin-Clearing Toner

"This cooling antiseptic toner is enriched with soothing Cucumber and Guava Leaf Extracts that work to refresh and tone the skin as it removes the last traces of makeup and excess oils after cleansing. VNM Naturals Cucumber and Guava Leaf Skin Clearing Toner combats wrinkles, acne, red and black blemishes and soothes irritations with regular, everyday use."

First of all, it is true that it has a cooling effect but it's very mild. Second, it smells really nice. Third, it really helped in clearing my skin! I was surprised because it actually did help in dealing with my acne and minor pimples. This is a toner that I can really say worked well and had an effect on my skin, a good effect! Plus it's really refreshing when you use it as a mist.

2. VNM Naturals Rosewater+Aloe Soothing Toner

"Natural Rosewater, known for its mild astringent properties and fresh aroma, combines with soothing Aloe Vera in this gentle formula. VNM Naturals Rosewater and Aloe Soothing Toner is developed with a botanical blend of cleansing and softening ingredients to gently remove lingering traces of cleanser and any trapped dirt, oil and make-up leaving your face feeling moisturized and refreshed with regular, everyday use."

Well to be honest with you, I like the scent of the Cucumber+Guava Leaf Skin Clearing Toner more than this one. It smells good too but I just prefer the other one. BUT, let me tell you that this toner really soothes my skin everytime I use it! Those days when my skin feels sensitive and when I need a little pick-me-up, this is what I use. Like the first toner, the VNM Naturals Rosewater+Aloe Soothing Toner is also refreshing when used as a mist.


COMMON GROUND

One of the same things about these VNM Naturals toners is that you use them in the same way. You can either use a cotton pad to apply them or simply spray directly on your face. As for me, I always use it by directly spraying it on my face than using a cotton pad because that way, I get to save the product as using cotton pads can absorb some of it. I know that when you use a cotton pad, you can remove the excess makeup and dirt but I have a strict and thorough way in cleansing my face so I don't really worry that much about excess makeup. But hey, that's just me ha! :)

Another similar thing about these toners is that they both come in spray bottles so you can use them not only as toners but also as mists. If you want to freshen up at the middle of the day or any time of the day, you can simply spray it on your face. They are both super refreshing and both are moisturizing as well.

The VNM Naturals toners may have different ingredients and benefits but you can be sure that the ingredients used for their toners are all natural. The thing that is probably not the same for these toners is the price. The price depends on the toner variant and the ingredients. Don't worry though because they are not that expensive and the prices of all their toners are very reasonable. The VNM Naturals Rosewater + Aloe Soothing Toner costs Php425 and you can get the Cucumber + Guava Leaf Skin Clearing Toner for Php335.


Thanks to these natural toners! I rarely find good toners these days but these ones from VNM Naturals really made a good difference to my skin. In the first part of this post, I mentioned that I only use toners at night but since these toners have amazing effect on my skin and since they are gentle on the skin, I use them daily both day and night. Definitely worth buying, worth trying, and worth recommending! :) They actually have more variants of their Happy Pores toners and I'm looking forward in trying those as well.

Visit their website www.vnmnaturals.com to purchase these natural toners and to check out their other products. They offer a wide variety of skin care items all made with natural ingredients.


No comments:

Post a Comment