Friday, March 12, 2021

Cleansers I Have Recently Emptied! (Drugstore)

 If you're going to look at my blog archives, you'll see that my last post was dated January 2020. Yes, it's been over a year since I last posted an entry here in my blog. I have neglected it over and over again because I focused more on vlogging and my job as a makeup artist.

Recently, I felt somewhat stuck again and whenever I feel that, I usually go through my past posts both here in my blog and in my YouTube channel. I get motivation from that and makes me want to work hard as much or even work harder than I used to do. Now, I decided to go back to my roots and go back to blogging. Of course, I will continue creating contents in my YouTube channel and accept makeup gigs but I want to blog again since everything started in this platform anyway.☺

Enough with the somehow emotional intro, I thought I'd share with you something about skin care. As a beauty blogger/vlogger, you know we always try out various products, right? In this post, let me share with you the facial cleansers that I have recently emptied.



These are the facial cleansers that I have recently finished. A couple of these, I bought a few months back. See, when I use a cleanser, I usually don't finish it right away unless it comes from a skin care set that I have to use and review for a month or something like that. Since I'm fond of trying different skin care products, it might take a while before I empty 1 tube or 1 bottle of cleanser because I keep on switching products, going back and forth, then trying a new one. I know you get what I'm saying *wink*. But if you'll notice, I often buy the small sizes first (if it's available) so that it won't be much of a waste if ever I didn't like the product. Anyway, let me share short testimonials about these facial cleansers which, I just realized, all have blue and green packaging. So calming to see!

1. Biore Speedy Micellar Cleansing Foam
Price: Php90/40g
Available at: Shopee, Lazada, BeautyMNL, Landmark, other department stores, and drugstores

Perfect for: Speedy makeup removal for light makeup users with oily to acne-prone skin

Speedily removes light makeup, dirt, and oil in just one wash; infused with Micellar Technology to catch all impurities without the harsh rubbing, leaving your skin clean and fresh; contains antibacterial ingredients and Japanese Shiso Mint extract; helps reduce excess oil and makeup residue that can cause acne; leaves skin soft; not greasy (source: www.beautymnl.com)



The Biore Speedy Micellar Cleansing Foam is available in two variants, Acne Care and Moisture Soft. I don't even need an acne care product at that time but I still bought it because, hello, it's mint! If you know how much I love cooling things and minty products, you'll understand. :D I bought this at Landmark, Trinoma months ago and yes, the sole reason why I immediately grabbed this product was because I read that it contains mint extract; Shiso Mint extract to be exact. But of course, I bought the small size first.

Shiso Mint Extract (also known as perilla mint) is an antiseptic and a powerful antioxidant which can help defend the skin from free radicals. I've read that this is considered a medicinal herb in Japan due to its detoxifying properties (source). This can be used as ingredients for your food and/or for your skin care products.

This cleanser has a gel texture (literally looks like a gel) and is enriched with Micellar technology to get rid of light makeup and impurities. The first time I used it, I was both impressed and disappointed. I was impressed because it can really dissolve light makeup and it makes my skin soft and smooth. Disappointed though because it's not as minty as I thought it would be! Yes, ang laki ng problema ko doon. :D I really want those products that will instantly refresh and cool my skin AND it has to linger. THAT'S ACCORDING TO MY STANDARDS. Hahaha! It has that mild and refreshing mint scent though which is somehow soothing.

Anyway, because it didn't pass my "cooling effect standard", I did not use it for long. But a couple of moths ago, I started using it again. Since I have a lot of cleansers, I usually keep some randomly in the bathroom "for emergency purposes" like if ever I forgot to bring the current one I'm using or ran out of it. At para lang magamit na sila. I think for 2 straight weeks, I used it as my night time cleanser and this time, for some reason, the cooling effect became a little stronger and I realized it is actually a good acne care cleanser. It is very mild on the skin, able to remove light makeup, thoroughly clean my skin, refreshing, and I noticed that it can tame pimples. It doesn't drastically treat my breakouts but it helps. Plus, it's refining and it absolutely leaves my skin soft and smooth.

I will definitely recommend this! It's affordable (the 90g tube costs Php170) and it works as an acne care plus if you're someone like me who's a sucker for anything minty, you might enjoy using this, too!

2. Nivea Whip Foam Acne Clear
Price: Php99/50ml
Available at: BeautyMNL, Lazada, Shopee, Watsons, other drugstores and department stores

Perfect for: Pores with deep-seated dirt

A deep-cleansing cleanser with Whip Foam Technology; contains carnitine which regulates oil production with 3x richer moisturizers; removes dirt, oil, and makeup; provides gentle cleansing for baby soft and smooth skin; 0% alcohol (source: www.beautymnl.com)


Guys, I just want to say that I don't have acne-prone skin but I don't know why I keep on buying acne care cleansers. Hahaha! Though I remember that for this one, I really have a few breakouts at the time that I bought it but the main reason why I got this was because I was intrigued with its whip foam technology. Like the Biore Speedy Micellar cleanser, the Nivea Whip Foam Cleanser is also available in two variants, Acne Clear and Extra White. I also bought the smaller size for this one just to test if it's any good.

I believe I have amusements with fun, colorful, and whimsical things and yes, it also applies with my skin care products and makeup! I love pretty packaging, unusual ones, you know, and even cleansers that foam like it's whipped which is what this Nivea Whip Foam Cleanser is supposed to do. However, to my disappointment (yet again), it doesn't really foam that much. I've tried other cleansers that have that whipped foam texture once you lather it but no, this one is just not like that.

The good thing about this product is that it doesn't contain any alcohol and it is also mild on the skin. It deeply cleanses and leaves my skin soft and smooth, too. Nevertheless, it doesn't have that wow factor for me. The Biore Speedy Micellar cleanser in fact has a better performance in dealing with acne compared to this Nivea Whip Foam Cleanser. You have to keep in mind though that that was the effect on me. It might be different for you.

I think that it's a good daily cleanser. I don't hate it but it's not really on top of my recommendations list.

3. Cathy Doll Anti-AC Cushion
Price: Php239/120ml
Available at: Shopee, Lazada, BeautyMNL, drugstores, and department stores

Perfect for: Reducing acne, controlling oil, pore tightening

A cushion cleanser enriched with purifying tea tree to deep clean and help clear up skin; helps tighten large pores and reduce the appearance of excess oil; soothes inflammation and speeds up wound healing with centella asiatica extract; washes away dirt, debris, and other impurities; suitable for pimple-prone skin


Finally, something in a full size! :D This cleanser was sent to me by the brand but this is not sponsored, okay? They sent this to me along with their new products at that time and I just got intrigued because they released new cleansers and the aesthetic is quite different from their usual cleansers. The Cathy Doll Anti-AC Cushion Facial Cleanser claims to have an acne-prone skin formula that can control oil and shrink the appearance of pores.

The main ingredients of this cleanser are Tea Tree extract and Centella Asiatica. Tea Tree is a common ingredient in acne care products because of its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It also aids in reducing excess oil that can cause acne breakouts. Centella Asiatica, on the other hand, is known as a great source of antioxidants and helps boost collagen production. It also has anti-inflammatory and healing properties.

To be honest, I thought's it's just going to be another facial wash. The first time I used it, it seemed just like a simple cleanser; skin is squeaky clean every after use and has a fresh, mild scent. It's not that drying but it does have that skin-tightening effect. As I continue to use it, I slowly saw the goodness of it. I noticed that it really has the ability to treat breakouts and minimize the appearance of pores. I mentioned above that I don't usually finish a tube or a bottle of cleanser right away but since I enjoyed using the Cathy Doll Anti-AC Cushion Facial Cleanser a lot, I emptied it in just about a month or under a month. And to think that this is in full size, right?! By the way, this is not available in a smaller packaging and even in sachets. Cathy Doll is known to have most of their products in sachets but it's not available for this one (or not yet available, just not sure).

Yes, this is another product that I will definitely recommend. I think it's a little more expensive compared to the other cleansers of Cathy Doll but it's actually reasonable because of its good quality. It's true to its claims and even though their other cleansers are more affordable, Php239 is still not that heavy in the pocket.

4. Hello Glow Low pH Hydrating Cleanser
Price: Php120/60g
Available at: Lazada and Hello Glow resellers

Perfect for: Skin hydrating and rejuvenating

Purifies pores from dirt, excess oil, and balances skin's pH without disrupting the skin barrier; formulated to give total hydration for that fresh and plump skin; controls shine; unblocks pores; gentle deep-cleansing; contains Ceramides to ease potential dryness from cleansing and remove impurities


This cleanser comes from the Hello Glow Advanced Rejuvenating Set but it can also be purchased individually. In my case, I used the full set. The Hello Glow Low pH Hydrating Cleanser contains Hyaluronic Acid, which is an ingredient that helps hydrate the skin, and Multivitamin Jojoba Spheres. If you use this and see those tiny blue beads, those are the multivitamin jojoba spheres. Actually, they are not really beads as it quickly dissolves once you massage it on the skin.

During the first few days of using this cleanser, I thought it was drying. I could really tell that my skin was tightening and just felt dehydrated. When I wash my face, I usually massage it thoroughly on my skin and sometimes I let it stay for a few extra seconds before rinsing. Then I checked back and realized I was actually using it in a wrong way. I know I've read the directions before using it but I didn't give much attention since I thought it works just like the other cleansers. But yes, it is indicated that for people with normal to dry skin, you should massage this cleanser for 30 seconds only and 45 seconds for those who have combination to oily skin. I have normal-combination skin but at the time that I was using this, my skin was quite dry. Maybe it's because of the weather/season that time. That was my bad! Haha! SO, ALWAYS, ALWAYS READ AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS EVEN FOR SIMPLE CLEANSERS! Also, I've read that Hyaluronic Acid is a hydrating ingredient but too much of it can leave the skin thirstier and dehydration lines more accentuated (source).

After realizing my mistake, I religiously followed instructions and I noticed that it's not drying anymore. In fact, I loved how my skin felt every after use. The Hello Glow Low pH Hydrating Cleanser is a clear, runny gel cleanser that is mild on the skin. Among the items in their Advanced Rejuvenating Set, this one is my favorite.


Out of all these cleansers that I have emptied, these two would have to be my top picks! The things they claim are true and the prices are reasonable. For the Biore Speedy Micellar Cleansing Foam, yes, its minty sensation definitely added a few extra points in my chart. :D



I realized that I have a lot of cleansers and other skin care products in my stash so I'll try to share more of them soon here in my blog. How about you? What are the products that you recently emptied? :)


2 comments: