Wednesday, April 7, 2021

RAVE-IEW: BENCH/ Organics Lavender Castile Soap

A few years back, a friend who had an online shop at that time gifted me some of her products. Her items were all hand-made and made of natural ingredients such as body scrubs, shampoo bars, castile soaps, etc. That time, I didn't know yet that castile soaps can be used in different ways and I didn't really care about it at all so I didn't use the one my friend gave me right away.

One day, I was cleaning my makeup brushes and I decided to use the castile soap just so that I could finally use it, you know? I was so surprised and amazed on how well the castile soap was able to COMPLETELY get rid of the makeup off my brushes including the cream-based ones which are absolutely difficult to clean off. Oh, and it was peppermint-scented so it's a bonus for me! After that, I researched more about castile soaps and learned that it's actually a multi-purpose cleaning agent which you can use on almost anything.

What's good about castile soap is that it is made from vegetable oils so it is all-natural, biodegradable, and cruelty-free. Since the time I experienced its goodness, I began searching for castile soaps that are locally available but most of the ones that I found are quite pricey for me. Then just last year while I was randomly browsing inside a BENCH/ store, I discovered that they have their very own castile soap which is unbelievably affordable!


Product Name: BENCH/ Organics Lavender Castile Soap
Price: Php259/450ml
Available at: BENCH/ outlets, BENCH/ website, Shopee, Lazada

Cleanse in a luscious field of Lavender with Bench Organics Castile Soap, an all-in-one, all-around, all-natural liquid cleanser for you and your home. With its roots originating from Spain, Castile soap is traditionally used for effective and efficient cleansing for just about most surfaces. Place a bottle on your lavatory, shower or kitchen counter to simplify your space or even transfer a bit on smaller bottles to carry less on your next travel. Whether you use it for one thing or all ways possible, Bench Organics Castile Soap is a great alternative to a more natural and efficient way of cleaning.

PRODUCT CLAIM:
1. Made from pure natural oils
2. No parabens, preservatives, detergents, foaming agents or synthetic fragrances
3. Made of biodegradable ingredients making it safe for the environment
4. Suitable for face, body, hair, and general home use
5. Safe for daily use even on sensitive skin
6. With foaming pump and formula for efficient cleansing
7. Multi-purpose and saves storage space


When I saw this castile soap on the rack inside that BENCH/ store, I didn't even think twice about getting it. What really made me buy this Lavender Castile Soap is its super affordable tag price. I mean, the bottle is quite big and it contains 450ml of castile soap and it only costs Php259?! SUCH A STEAL! FYI, the cheapest castile soap I've seen before finding this gem costs around Php400 and I think it's just like 200ml. And did I mention that the packaging of this Lavender Castile Soap looks beautiful, too? I know, it's just a simple, clear bottle with a foaming pump but I just love the purple holographic label. It made the product appear fancy and expensive and it's just so pretty when you display it on your rack or countertops. Also, I love that the lavender scent is not that strong but it lingers even when a few minutes have already passed.

Of course, at first, I bought 1 bottle only so I could see if it's a product that's worth buying and IT DEFINITELY IS. This foaming, paraben-free, multi-purpose liquid wonder works so well and it's true that you can use it on almost anything! This one in the pictures is already my 3rd bottle. The uses of this BENCH/ Organics Lavender Castile Soap is listed on the packaging.


HOW TO USE:
FACE - Lather 1 pump on wet hands before cleansing face in circular motion.
BODY - Lather 1 pump on wet wash cloth or apply directly on wet skin.
HAIR - Lather 2 pumps on wet hair and wash.
SHAVING - Apply 2 pumps on damp hands and lather on desired area before shaving.
DISHES - Apply directly on sponge.
LAUNDRY - Add 2 pumps for every cup of water.
SURFACE CLEANER - Dilute 1 pump in cup of water and use spray bottle or apply directly on stain.
FRUITS AND VEGGIES - Add 1 pump on a big bowl of water. Rub surface and rinse thoroughly.

I have already tried using this Lavender Castile Soap in different ways based on the ones listed above except for shaving, laundry, and for fruits and veggies. The first time I tried this, I used it as a shampoo, a facial cleanser, and a body wash. Like what I've said, this castile soap really works and does its job (or jobs). However, it makes my hair really dry and it's also quite drying on the skin. I did not experience any irritations (even after a few uses) and I still wash my hands with it sometimes but I already stopped using it on my hair and to clean my face and body. For other purposes, it is great. I love using this castile soap in cleaning the bathroom surfaces and in cleaning my makeup brushes. Sometimes, I use it as a dog shampoo because I have read that castile soaps can also be used to wash your fur babies.

It was mentioned above that castile soap originated in Spain, in the Castile region to be exact, and olive oil was the traditional base fat for this liquid magic. In these times, various vegetable oils are used to make castile soaps. The BENCH/ Organic Lavender Castile Soap contains Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Lavender Oil (of course), and Jojoba Oil. Refer to the photo below for the complete list of ingredients.



This castile soap from BENCH/ is absolutely one of the best buys in my entire life! Especially now that I'm already into home cleaning items. Haha! Cleaning the bathroom is actually one of the things I love doing now because, for some reason, it just calms and satisfies me so if you're also like me, then I highly suggest that you try this BENCH/ Lavender Castile Soap! It's like a magic cleaning potion and it still astonishes me how affordable this product is!

Oh, and BENCH/, if ever you come across this post, I hope you will come up with a peppermint or eucalyptus variant soon. THAT WILL BE SUPER DUPER AWESOME! :D




1 comment:

  1. am using castile soap for my skin and it did a great job with i was not aware that you can use it fro dishes, laundry and even clean your floor that's really verstile best anti aging serum in pakistan
    pure castile soap online in pakistan and effective product to save your cost on so much products

    ReplyDelete