Thursday, October 27, 2016

#OneDayOneMask Challenge with Banila Co. - ACCOMPLISHED!

(Late post)

A couple of months ago, I did the #OneDayOneMask challenge in collaboration with Banila Co. where I used a sheet mask everyday for 5 consecutive days. Nowadays, using sheet masks is a huge trend in Korea and is gaining popularity all around the world. Using a sheet mask once is just not enough so, the Koreans came up with the one-day-one-mask trend.

Koreans are known to have flawless, smooth skin and it's not just because they use the right makeup products. They are very particular when it comes to skin care and are meticulous with the products they use. Taking care of the skin is absolutely important as this is one major key in achieving a perfect makeup look. Since I'm all about taking care of the skin and since I definitely agree that Koreans have great skin, I accepted their one-day-one-mask challenge!




I chose 5 different variants of mask sheets from Banila Co. to cater to my need (skin care wise) for each day. Here are the masks that I used in this challenge.


DAY 1 - Firming and Lifting

On the first day, I chose the Banila Co. V-V Elastic Bio Cellulose Mask Sheet which has a mega pump up system composed of collagen that offers hydration and firming and lifting abilities.

I'm in love with this mask! It was really able to do its job as a firming and lifting mask sheet. Definitely my favorite among the 5!



DAY 2 - Sebum control

The following day, I used the Banila Co. The Blacks Essential Mask Black Cacao mask. This is formulated with purifying charcoal ingredient that filters out skin impurities while its black food content supplies distressed skin with full nourishment.

The Blacks Essential Mask has different variant but the one that I used was the Black Cacao which helps control sebum. You can really smell the cacao scent and I just love the black velvety mask.



DAY 3- Moisturizing

On the third day, I used this adorable Banila Co. It Radiant Lace Hydrogel Mask Sheet. At first, I thought it's literally made up of lace but it's actually a gel mask with lace design printed on it. Hehe! This mask is a water soluble gel mask made out of brightening White Flower Complex with other natural ingredients that hydrate and nourish the skin.

Like The Blacks, the It Radiant mask have various variants as well. The one that I used is the moisturizing mask sheet which is formulated with Lily and hydraucronic acid that keeps the skin hydrated.



DAY 4 - Firming care

Come day 4, I finally decided to use the one that I was most intrigued about. It's the Banila Co. Mr. Skin Doctor Ampoule Mask Sheet. It includes an ampoule for a 2-step intensive treatment highly recommended for those suffering from really dry skin. What you'll do is use the ampoule as the first step and massage onto face before putting on the sheet mask.

The Mr. Skin Doctor Ampoule Mask Sheet has 5 variants and I used the firming care. It has hydrolyzed collagen that keeps the skin hydrated, firm, and supple.



DAY 5 - Energizing

Finally, on the last day, I used the Banila Co. Tea Party Mask Sheet. This is a comforting and nourishing daily sheet mask that contains skin-conditioning ingredients from Natural Aromatic Tea extracts to improve skin tone and texture.

Like the other mask sheets from Banila Co., this one have other variants, too but the one that I used was the Ginseng Tea for energizing effect. It adds vitality to highly distressed skin and promotes blood circulation. This is also one of my favorites among the 5 mask sheets I used in this challenge. I love the aromatic scent and the soothing and calming effect of this sheet mask.



One-Day-One-Mask Challenge Tips:

- Use after toning the skin for better absorption
- Leave mask on the face for 20-30 minutes
- After removing mask, massage remaining product onto face to maximize the benefits of the product
- Avoid leaving mask for more than the required time to prevent irritation

For comparison, here's a side-by-side photos of my Day 1 and Day 2:



THE RESULT

The challenge was a success! I used the mask sheets every night as part of my skin care routine. I must say that it really helped improved my skin in just a matter of 5 days. My skin became more supple and healthy-looking. It always feels moisturized and hydrated. Using mask sheets really makes a big difference. Yes, using moisturizer may be enough but using mask sheets daily can help in improving your skin even better. You just have to know what type of mask sheets your skin needs.

If you are interested to watch my vlog about this challenge, here's the video:



I definitely dare you to do this challenge! And yes, I recommend the mask sheets from Banila Co.! Each mask lived up to what it claims to do. I thought all mask sheets are just the same but with these masks that I used, you can really tell if it's for firming, for moisturizing, energizing, etc.

Mask sheets are now already part of my daily skin care routine. :)



1 comment:

  1. Awesome post 1 day 1 mask challenge I like this post thanks for that informative post. I will follow your tips its help full I hope. I will take this challenge.

    ReplyDelete