Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Product Review: L'Oreal Paris Pure Clay Masks (Anti-Pores and Detoxify)

Face mask is now a very important part of one's skin care regimen. It's not something you use everyday in your skin care routine but it's something that I look forward to every week. I just love how it makes my skin feel cleaner, fresher, and more revitalized.

There are many types of face masks but one of my favorites is a clay mask because I just feel that it really helps in cleaning the pores. It is a must since our skin faces pollution every single day. Thank goodness for clay masks, it can get rid of excess sebum and unclog pores.

Well, there are so many clay masks now that are available in the beauty market. I have tried a few but recently, what I've been using are the L'Oreal Paris Pure Clay Masks.


Product Name: L'Oreal Paris Pure Clay Mask Anti-Pores and
L'Oreal Paris Pure Clay Mask Detoxify
Price: Php399 each
Available at: leading deparment stores nationwide, BeautyMNL, Zalora, Lazada


First of all, let me just say that I absolutely adore the packaging! The clay mask is contained in a glass jar with a metallic-looking plastic lid. It has a stopper inside to avoid spilling and so it won't get messy and transfer onto the back of the lid. The overall look of the L'Oreal Paris Pure Clay Mask is just fancy.

I use both of these clay masks at once which, I think, is called dual-masking. It's multi-masking if you use more than three. It is a process wherein you apply various masks on different areas of your face. As for me, I apply the L'Oreal Pure Clay Mask Anti-Pores on the areas where I have larger pores, especially on the t-zone and I apply the Detoxify on the rest of my face.



L'Oreal Pure Clay Mask Anti-Pores

L'Oreal Paris says:
Infused with morocco clay and rosemary extract which mattifies T-zone. It features a strong magnet absorbing power to purify skin. It unclog pores, reduces excessive sebum, and makes skin look shine-free.




I am absolutely in love with this anti-pores clay mask! It has a very mild cooling sensation that goes away once it is starting to dry. It feels very refreshing and the scent is quite minty and calming. The texture is thick and creamy (like room-temperature butter) but once it dries on the skin, it will look like a thin layer of hardened cement. Then, you will eventually notice that it is soaking up the excess oil in your pores, especially on the t-zone. It's a little disgusting to look at, to be honest. :D


As it dries, I can feel that my skin is tightening like the areas where I applied the mask are being vacuumed. After rinsing, I can really notice visibly and feel that my pores are minimized and my skin looks matte but it doesn't feel dry.


L'oreal Pure Clay Mask Detoxify

L'oreal says:
Has the power and benefits of charcoal to detoxify and illuminate your skin in just 10 minutes. It provides a luxurious experience while potent pure clay and charcoal act like a magnet to clean out pores and draw-out and capture deep impurities.




Unlike the L'Oreal Pure Clay Mask Anti-Pores, the Detoxify has a thin and runny consistency. More likely to spill when you tip over the jar. Also, unlike the Anti-Pores clay mask, I am not a fan of the scent of this one. It has an old-school scent that is a little pungent for me. The good thing though is that the smell does not linger. Once it's starting to dry, the scent will go away (or I'm not sure if you just get used to it after a few minutes).

The L'Oreal Pure Clay Mask Detoxify is meant to remove skin impurities and clean your pores as well. It doesn't have a cooling sensation but since it is infused with potent montmorillonite clay and Japanese charcoal, you may feel a slight tingling sensation. They say that if you feel that, it is because the mask that you are using is powerful (pak!).


Once I rinse the mask off with water, I can immediately feel that my skin is refreshed and smooth. I can even see the suppleness of my skin.

Actually, both of these masks give me a refreshing feeling and both of them make my skin feels and looks so soft. However, during the first few minutes after rinsing, I can feel that my skin is more tender than the usual, like it feels very sensitive. Maybe because the clay masks are really strong. So, what I do is, I apply aloe vera gel all over my face to soothe my skin. I do this every after using the clay masks.

Also, a tip, do not let the clay masks stay on your face for more than 20 minutes as it may dry out and irritate your skin. I usually just let it sit on my skin for 10-15 minutes then rinse it with water. I also find that warm water removes the clay mask off of my skin faster. ;)





I like both the L'Oreal Paris Pure Clay Masks but I love the Anti-Pores more than Detoxify. Maybe I am a little biased since I am a sucker for anything minty but also, I just don't like the scent of Detoxify. It gives awesome result to my skin and the scent is tolerable especially after a few minutes but I've had other detoxifying clay masks with similar results and way better scents. But the Anti-Pores, yes, I am in love with it! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment